What a friendly site this is

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theclockworks

Reaction score
I'am going to share a private message sent to me by a member on what I thought to be a friendly helpful form. This guy does not no me from Adam why pm me ,for his information I to have served my country 3 tours of Northern Ireland with The RA I'am also disabled and I am not a time served engineer the only qualification I have are self taught. I'am not trying to bump anything and I have not been offensive I asked one simple question. May suggest this member has far to much time on his hands also I'am a true yourkshire man so I know all the phrases . I quote

As a Geordie who was brought up in the uncertain years of the last war, might I offer the words of my old mentor who was 'tYorkshir'thru and thru'

Hear all- see all
say now't- keep all
tak'all- gie now't

and if tha ever does ow't for nowt,dee it for thysel.

I've a wife who has been disabled for the last 15 +years. We both should be dead. I'm 84+ somewhat disabled- fighting for your bloody country.

Might I suggest that you be a time served engineer- and stop bumming for information- which you should have had a lifetime to learn.

Me-an engineer-- you must be joking.

Mortal- oh yes- VERY

Norman Atkinson

Please read your own post Number6 when you were 'an apprentice' or purport to be.

I penned my reply only after checking the evidence!

Norman

You are not the first member to be rubbed the wrong way, not even the second or third and sadly, probably not the last.
Pretentious, condescending, antagonistic and sometimes downright obscure and convoluted.
I get the feeling this member may be lonely with no one to talk to, I honestly don't know, just a feeling. With his method of delivery I feel it may be perpetuating.
Frankly, I just ignore his posts, have for quite some time now which is a shame as I think he probably does genuinely have something interesting to offer, just that the method of delivery is, in my opinion, lacking.

Please read your own post Number6 when you were 'an apprentice' or purport to be.

I penned my reply only after checking the evidence!

Norman

This is the last time I will converse with you if you read post six nowhere does it say an engineering apprentice for your information it was in the motor trade and I did not finish the said apprenticeship being 15 at the time I did not know what trade I wanted so I did what a lot of chaps did I followed my father in to the motor trade only to leave soon has I could to join up as a lifer only leaving when I was disabled after being wounded in action in N.I
I will now block you and I will not read yourPM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back