Western Sydney

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rays

Reaction score
Hi all I thought ages ago when I signed up I had posted a "Hello" I didn't.

I'm Ray new to model making with an new to me ML7 I bought last easter.
Still setting things up and tweaking. I have posted in the disabled section today also.

This site has so many avenues a man could get side tracked and lost for months. I originally signed up looking for Ornamental Turning and Rose Engine information.

Welcome Ray, i'm very interested in Rose Engines myself, the work I've seen people do with them is just amazing! There's some stunning stuff out there.

It'd be nice to one day plan and build one.

cheers, Ian

Thanks Ian

I have enough bits and pieces to already construct a basic one just need the time and space. As I only have a small workshop 6x3m and its a bit of a squeeze now.

Hope you do its interesting form of surface decoration on any material..

At Peninsular Woodies there is a group meets once a month who are into Ornamental Turning.

Ray

Welcome aboard Ray.

"Ahhh" the good old Myford ML7, now thats a well proven model makers machine, they are getting harder and harder to find.

th_wwp

Baz.

Welcome aboard Ray.

"Ahhh" the good old Myford ML7, now thats a well proven model makers machine, they are getting harder and harder to find.

th_wwp

Baz.

Baz as a kid reading Model Engineer mags I used to drool over the Myford's in there around the late 60's thing just never seemed to come into alignment in me getting one.

I thing if you did a Gumtree or ebay au search you'd find at least 4 on the market and I know of another one on another forum for sale in the ACT.

I was lucky in the fact this one was well cared for has the milling attachment plus decent chucks previous owners two watch makers an a model train engineer who upgraded to a $4.5k H&F machine.

Now that RDGtools owns Myford and parts are available again is tops.

Last photos is prior me picking it up

DSCF5909.jpg

DSCF5931.jpg

100_2686.jpg

Very nice, Thanks for sharing.

Yeah they are still around just not like they were 10-20 years ago.
I had a chance to buy a ML7 a few years ago but i was looking for a machine to convert to cnc.
To be honest I just could not bring myself to butchering such a well known lathe.
I ended up letting another guy grab it that also was interested in the lathe for making custom ink pens on.

Looking forward to seeing your build on the Rose engine. Please be sure to post progress.

Baz.Thm:

Baz should have posted what I have so far of the Rose Engine

IMG_1719.jpg

Latest posts

Back