Welcome!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Terry,

I am sure you will fit right in.

I too used to make model boats, but for a little longer, from my days as an apprentice in the RAF, and have only recently stopped making them, over 40 years.

John

Hi Terry ............... welcome aboard ;)

minerva said:
PS How do you attach Avatar to posts?

Click on "Profile" ..... above ............. click on ....... "Forum Profile Information" ..... left hand side .......... hopefully you can figure it out from there, but just shout up if you need any more help :D

CC ............ aka ..... Dave

Welcome to HMEM Terry!

If you have any trouble with the avatar, feel free to email me
the picture you'd like to use.
I can add it for you.

Rick

Hi Terry,

Also welcome - Another new machines in Lincolnshire - Good - I am near Stamford Lincs.

Richard (far too many Ricks here!)

Sincere thanks to Chuck, John, Dave ,Rick,Richard and Tin Falcon,
for the warm response and also the advice which I will now attempt to put to good effect, if only I can find the right photo!! Richard - it would seem we are almost neighbours as I live in Grantham but 20 miles up the A1. Drop me a line when you are going to be in the vicinity.
Kindest regards to you all
terry t

I am a little late on this thread, but welcome to minerva, bronzecaster and buzzsaw!

Glad you could join us!

Eric

Tin Falcon said:
Home Model Engine Machinist
Dedicated to the hobbyist machinist building model engines .

Welcome to the board. Rick has done a fantastic job of getting things started. Let’s all do our part to keep the ball rolling and have this site grow. We do not want to make a lot of rules. The members of this board have been exemplary! Keep up the good work.

As the membership approaches 200 we would like to lay out the following

guidelines:

1) Get involved and have fun!

2) Make suggestions we all can learn from others we all have a different perspective, experience and education.

3) Have a question or problem? Ask! There’s no such thing as a dumb question.

4) Show us some of your work we all need inspiration.

5) Lets keep reasonably focused here use the break room for general discussions. Lets remember the first focus here is model engines.

6) Be SAFE! If your head doubts the safety of a set up or procedure,

ask for suggestions. If the suggestions still don’t feel right

DON'T DO IT!

7) If you have a tried and true setup that is helpful to the rest of us tell us about it and show us a photo.

8) we are all here to learn and share.

9) please put a general location in your profile so we know what part of the world and country state,province you are from. If it a large state like California , Texas, or Alaska, etc reference to the neares large city would be good.

Regards

Tin & The HMEM Team
I am not sure if i am doing this introduction in the right way so apologies if i'm wrong
My name is Max Corrigan from London England, i have been hovering around this excellent site for a couple of weeks or more, trying to get the general feel as it were! i am not a club person so although i have been in engineering as a sheetmetal worker all my working life (and have my old latin friend Tinnutus to remind me of it,)and am more than familiar, working with different metals albeit sheetmetal, i had no experience in turning or milling the small amount of expertise i have managed to accrue so far, have been from you good folks on this site, and one very similar that i have noticed a few of you frequent also
I have an old Myford super seven that has been well used and abused,that i have got running to a reasonable standard or i think so! a warco micro mill,and an old pedestal drill press of US origin, with these i have just completed a Stuart Turner S50 mill steam engine, that runs pretty good now, after remaking from scratch about a third of it, i think this is the learning curve i hear you talking of!
Well that's who i am, and i would like to thank all you good and helpful people to achieve this,i have few questions lined for other threads
Thanks again Max.........

Max:
The "proper" way to introduce yourself is start a new thread in the welcome section but we will forgive a newbie!!!
Especially, an old sheet metal worker.
Used to be a tin bender for the military myself. In addition to many other hats, positions, and trades.
Tin

Welcome Max, heck ........... just pull up comfy chair and join in ;)

CC

Max, we are glad to have you with us! Welcome to HMEM. No worries on not having any machining backgraound, we all can learn new things from others with other skillsets. Chime in anytime!

The number of welcoming messages i have had on this site, have been overwhelming i did not expect any, especially posting the wrong way ( was there was someone called wrong way corrigan in the US) if so that must be my excuse!
Anyhow Thanks everybody for your wonderful response
Max Corrigan

Ditto to everyone else's welcome Max !! :) Make yourself comfortable and don't be afraid to chime in on anything !!

Mike

hi kids...
though i've done some limited work on cincinatti and bridgeport, i am new to machining and model building.
i've done work on full size steam engines and boilers, and repaired old model engines.
been a welder and have a miller syncrowave tig/stick and shop air but no machinery yet.
here in the most remote place on earth it look like building gingery style is the way.
they do have what had been a good machinist program at the local cc; i'll check that out.

aloha,
mike

Mike, Welcome to HMEM!

We all started somewhere! You'll be equiped before you know it!

Welcome, Mike. Glad you stopped in.

Watch out for Kludge! He lives in your neighborhood :eek:

Hello, today I have join the forum, my name is Cees, 57 married, on son, I live in the Netherlands, and building steam engines.
I have from scratch home build a CNC gantry mill, with an working area of 900*450*260mm.
Second hobby is electrical model helicopter flying. I join this forum to share our great hobby.
My next project will be a radial engine.
Thx and happy machining

Latest posts

Back