Webster Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lensman57

Reaction score
Hi,
I am at the last stages of building this engine and I came across a thread stating that this engine needs a one way valve system such as the one designed by Jan Ridders.
There is no mention of this in the plans. Does anyone know if this valve is necessary and if so how to build one or at least direct me to its plans?

Many thanks and regards,

A.G

If you are using a vapour carb set up (i.e. jam jar) there is a REMOTE possibility that when trying to start the engine it could backfire and send a jet of fire back thru the intake tube into the jar of gasoline and causing an explosion and fire.--Now doesn't that just put your mind at ease!!! If you are using a conventional carb with a venturi then you don't need the valve. If you DO need the valve, PM me.---Brian

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your reply, I inted using a traxxas pro.15 carb and Coleman fuel, so I guess that the one way valve is not required.

Best Regards,

A.G

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting the link.

Regards,

A.G

Thanks very much Brian ,

I was just worried that the old loctite wouldn't stand up to the temp so thanks for clearing this up.

Many thanks and regards.

A.G

Latest posts

Back