Webster 4 stroke first build help

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
Firstly Hi to everybody here.
I am going to start my next project soon the Webster 4 stroke the plans of which are freely available on the Internet http://home.comcast.net/~webster_engines/. My question is to anybody who may of had past experiences with this engine or similar engines. As this is my first IC engine should I follow the plans as specified or are there any nice improvements that I can make to this engine . I don't necessarily mean only cosmetic but rather to help the running and performance.
Also is the exhaust position ok or is it perhaps to close to the cylinder any advice on this engine would be greatly appreciated
Jamie

I built this engine about 2 years ago, and the plans are very good. I did a complete build thread with pictures and video on this website, but I'm just recovering from a major computer crash and don't have the link to post right now. Click on my name and search for posts by myself. I think the thread had a weird title like "Anybody want to guess" ---which is one of the dumbest titles I have ever used on a build thread.---Brian

I chose to use an O-ring on the piston rather than an iron ring and this works well. Lately, I converted mine to electronic ignition and that is good, too.

Charlie

Thanks guys
Brian i can't find your thread"Anybody want to guess" any more ideas how i might find it ?,nothing shows up when I search for it.
Regards Jamie

Latest posts

Back