waterloo traction engine .29 scale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holes for the stays done .....still a long way to go
I designed and built one like that but I didn't like it's design so I scrapped it and built a water-tube for 5HP. Scrapped that one too as it was a prototype. Still have not got round to the third one, need a mill to do some of the cuts for the welds.

Mill does save a lot of grinding
In this case, the mill is a necessity to make regular holes, about 250 holes, which pipe ends fit into and are welded.--the holes are nice fits. My prototype, I cut the holes out with a plasma arc--very sloppy ultimately bad welds, one with a pin hole that I could not get out no matter how I tried. The steam generator, was, however, a success. Reached 100 psi in about 15 min. The next one will be the same design with a few tweeks.

Making some progress......on small clearance issue

Attachments

• received_837878666940006.jpeg
    received_837878666940006.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 340
  • received_754286928813044.jpeg
    received_754286928813044.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 355
  • received_1110085712822722.jpeg
    received_1110085712822722.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 327
Nice work!
How did you make such a detailed pattern for the smokebox door? It looks great!

john

Hi i am looking for Full Plans for the Stephenson Rocket, steam engine, very interested in building this engine, scale does not matter ,Willing to pay for them, but must be complete. many thanks
MICHAEL

Attachments

• STEPHENSON MODEL  ROCKET.JPGbn.JPG
    STEPHENSON MODEL ROCKET.JPGbn.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 229
Hi i am looking for Full Plans for the Stephenson Rocket, steam engine, very interested in building this engine, scale does not matter ,Willing to pay for them, but must be complete. many thanks
MICHAEL
You might like to try the National Railway Museum, York as a first port of call.
Email [email protected].
Home page Home | National Railway Museum

Dave
The Emerald Isle

If you run it in Minnesota or Iowa or Missouri ( lots of shows and lots of models) you could have a second safety valve for say 150 or so.

Latest posts

Back