Water Pressure Engine project

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the encouragement guys. Hopefully I'll get her finished up soon. Only a few small things left to do. I gave it a round of polishing over the past day or so and should finish making her shine this weekend. Then it's time to decide what I'm doing for flywheels. Here is a shot of the engine after about 90% of the hand polishing is completed.

The original idea was to paint the aluminum base in black lacquer to highlight all the brass works, but my wife informed me that I would not be putting any paint on "Her Engine", the other night. Two builds under my belt and I've yet to build "me" an engine...LOL

Steve

water-engine-polishing2.jpg

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Awesome work.
John T.

Steve,

Are you going to release drawings for this? I would so like to try my hand at building this engine over the next year.

Eric

Truly stunning :bow: :bow: :bow: Much worship.

Kind regards

Malcolm

As I previously mentioned, this enjoyable project is winding down rapidly. I want to take a moment to say a huge thank you for all of you who've shared the journey. As I look at the view tally for this thread, I'm both amazed and humbled that so many have watched my efforts. To those who posted, as well as those who simply read along, I extend a profound thank you for the encouragement your posts and visits have shared.

It's a wee bit scary to begin a project and put your successes and your failures right out there in front of everyone. This is the second time I've done so and I want to encourage anyone who is contemplating a build, no matter how simple or complex to give this a try. Not only will it motivate you to complete the project, but the incredible level of ideas and assistance that other board members offer makes it much easier to overcome any problems one encounters.

I'm posting the final photos to this long thread tonight. The next photos (and hopefully video) will be in the Photos and videos area, once I have the flywheels for the engine. Wes has promised that he will get them to me when things settle down a bit, for him, and his wife is back on her feet. I've told him to take his time and deal with the priority items in his life for now. We can all enjoy the final version when the time comes to do so.

The photos shown below are of the engine in its "final" configuration. Final, meaning that the last home fabricated parts have been made and fitted. There will be a small drain cock mounted atop the cylinder but it will be a commercially available item which has yet to be ordered. The oiler cups have been fitted with caps and the water hammer dome is now permanently mounted. With a bit of hand polishing to a couple of spots, this little engine will join the collection and hold a starring place in the roster.

Again.... thanks to all of you for the kind words of encouragement, the priceless bits and bobs of advice and for simply sharing in the fun.

Steve

water-engine.jpg

water-engine1.jpg

water-engine2.jpg

water-engine3.jpg

water-engine4.jpg

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Very sweet looking engine ! Can't wait to see the video !

Gives me some incentive to finish my latest engine. It's been sitting due to my laziness in getting it all polished up :)

Mike

Dhow...
Thanks for the good words. I do prefer my metal to have a bit of gleam to it.

Choo
I'm hoping to get a video of it, once I have the fly wheels. Hopefully things will settle down enough for Wes that he can get them cast in the near future. She's a runner, for sure.

Steve

I like the look of this machined marvel Steve... Tell me when are you going to polish it ? 8) :eek: 8)

When you say it is a runner for sure, does that mean you have tested it? (and not showed us because you want it to be a full super edited ulube vid?)

Well I read it and figured I'd ask!

It is one very good looking beastie, I as everyone else await it's full unveiling ;D

Ralph.

I've been looking at these pictures for a long time and I'm looking very much
forward to seeing a video of it running.

Very well done Steve!
You've outdone yourself with this one.
You do realize that just means you've raised the bar on what we expect to
see next, don't you? ;)

Rick

Back