• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Strictly I.C. set (or individual magazines)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMetric

Reaction score
I used to have a complete set of Strctly I.C. magazines but these were lost in a relatives house during one of the recent fires. Insurance is nary enough to cover his own expenses so the magazines are a write-off for me. So, that means I'm on the hunt for a new set.

Ideally I would like to purchase a complete set of the magazines, but I'll take a piecemeal approach too. If you have any of these or Model Engine Builder (MEB) magazines, I would be interested in purchasing them. I'm coming closer to retirement age and I had been hoping to build more aggressively once I have more time. Or, at the very least, reading these articles in either always was great fun for me.

Thanks.

I used to have a complete set of Strctly I.C. magazines but these were lost in a relatives house during one of the recent fires. Insurance is nary enough to cover his own expenses so the magazines are a write-off for me. So, that means I'm on the hunt for a new set.

Ideally I would like to purchase a complete set of the magazines, but I'll take a piecemeal approach too. If you have any of these or Model Engine Builder (MEB) magazines, I would be interested in purchasing them. I'm coming closer to retirement age and I had been hoping to build more aggressively once I have more time. Or, at the very least, reading these articles in either always was great fun for me.

Thanks.
Contact me direct, [email protected]
rod

In case you didn’t know, I believe they are still available from http://www.strictlyic.com/
Thank you, bhouin. I actually am aware that Frances still has them. Robert passed years ago, but she is still sending out back issues. Although that remains my backup plan, I thought I would see if there are others out there that are interested in parting with their set(s). Let's face it... This is a hobby of dominantly older folks. In 40 years people will be trading Nintendos, but we like machinery. Given that we are getting older, there are other obvious complications (we don't last forever). Anyhow, I generally am in favor of supporting the community and buying from Frances is in that vein. However, I've already purchased a complete set (through subscription to both MEB and SIC) so I've kind of met that criteria. In my own moral calculus, I feel like I'm in good shape; that actually is important to me. Thank you for the URL, though. Your heart is in the right spot!

I have two questions that I'm hoping someone with a full set of SIC can answer...
  1. Do the plans in the issues have footers that indicate from which issue the drawings were originally provided?
  2. Do the plans have any indication on them (such as a page number) to identify how many sheets were originally included with the magazine?
If the answer to #2 is "no", then I have a further request that I'm hoping someone will fulfill. It will benefit not only me but anyone else that runs across this thread....

Can you please provide a drawing sheet count per issue? If you only have a partial set, please feel free to privately send me this information. I'll aggregate it into a single post, once I've collected all of the information, so that we can all benefit. The obvious intention here is to help people identify whether or not they have everything that SIC published.

Thanks.

I have 25 of the I.C. Magazines. If you are still looking I can send the numbere, pictures and such. My e-mail has changed. It is [email protected].

Thanks.
I have 25 copies of Strictly I. C. That have been sitting around for years. Going to list them on eBay for $250 or best offer. Any interest? What is your email. I can send pictures. My new email is [email protected]

Thank you, Dale, for the offer. However, I have to decline. I think I may have secured a set and, frankly, SIC back issues are still available from Frances. She is selling them for $8 each, including shipping. I know there are people trying to sell them on eBay for $30 each (plus even more in shipping), which I find very interesting. However, those auctions never sell. Anyone that does some homework can find SIC from Frances. Ebay prices tend to be around $200 for a complete set, if one is patient. Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck. I do appreciate your offer, but it doesn't seem like it is right for me.

One of these days I will be selling what I think is a full set of SIC. I'd have to check to see if all the drawings are still with each issue but they should be. In any case keep me in mind if your other deal falls through.

Latest posts

Back