• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Quorn castings, partially completed or ????

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMetric

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I kind of have a hankering for a Quorn project. These seem to be a "love 'em or hate 'em" type of grinder, but I think it looks interesting. Therefore, if you are in the latter category, or if you have one that you have never started (or partially started) and you suddenly want to reclaim the room, please let me know. This is a good way to fill up my shop (more) and empty yours out! :). I'm even interested in a finished unit. I guess it all depends on what you have.

Oh, I'm located in the United States (SF Bay Area in California).... I recognize that there is probably a greater number of Quorn in England, but shipping overseas will be prohibitively expensive. As such, I think only the US or Canada make sense as source countries.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Martin Model & Pattern do the castings in the US if you were only looking for preowned to avoid postage

https://www.martinmodel.com/collections/quorn-casting-sets

Hi Jason,
Yep, I should have put that in the listing. I'm aware of MartinModel. He is a great guy, actually, and is my backup plan. As you anticipated, however, I wanted to see if there is anything on the pre-owned, used, surplus market first though.

Thanks!
Alan

Alan,
I have a partially machined set of Quorn Castings that I am offering for sale for the same cost as a regular set. I will replace any part with a new casting that is found to be not up to par. Drop me a line and I can send you photos if you are interested. There are some extras included beyond the castings.

[email protected]

I have a partially completed set with the prints and book. I only did 2 pieces before health issues. I would sell it for $200 plus shipping from Medford Oregon.
My eMail is [email protected]

Latest posts

Back