• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Kennametal CM 109 Clamp & screw

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Gibson

Reaction score
I’ve lost the CM109 clamp & screw for my Kennametal boring bar.
Can any one help me out
Cheers
Bob

Call kennametal, look at the website.
Yes Gunner312 I did that. Kennametal USA will not sell to me in New Zealand. I have to deal through the Kennametal NZ agent.
The NZ agent will only sell me 10 units and the total cost was $300.74 inc shipping. That approx $200US for a clamp. I can post a copy of the NZ agents quote if nobody believes that a Kennametal agent would price gouge like that. That is why I put the post up. I’m more than happy to pay reasonable shipping from USA to NZ

Yes Gunner312 I did that. Kennametal USA will not sell to me in New Zealand. I have to deal through the Kennametal NZ agent.
The NZ agent will only sell me 10 units and the total cost was $300.74 inc shipping. That approx $200US for a clamp. I can post a copy of the NZ agents quote if nobody believes that a Kennametal agent would price gouge like that. That is why I put the post up. I’m more than happy to pay reasonable shipping from USA to NZ
What about a Kennametal agent in Australia, try
https://www.metalform.com.au/engineering-supplies/cutting-tools/kennametal/If they will supply just one of each I can stick them in an envelope to NZ, they are near my local Bunnings. That's if Daniel Andrews doesn't do a total stage 4 lockdown, I am in Victoria-the Covid State!

Do you have any photos? I may have what you need in my surplus parts. I will check on the item shortly. Photo would be very helpful.
Assume your boring bar is 12MM ? ?

Last edited:
I’ve lost the CM109 clamp & screw for my Kennametal boring bar.
Can any one help me out
Cheers
Bob
It's not that hard to make one, it's just a simple clamp, especially if you have another one, I've made several when I made special boring bars. The fact that it says Kennametal means little, as far as I can tell, they are all the same, even the Chinese ones. If you like the Kennametal boring bar it's possibly cheaper to buy a Chinese copy and just keep the clamp.

Do you have any photos? I may have what you need in my surplus parts. I will check on the item shortly. Photo would be very helpful.
Assume your boring bar is 12MM ? ?
Thanks justintime my boring bar is a Kennametal A08-NER1 1/2 size

It's not that hard to make one, it's just a simple clamp, especially if you have another one, I've made several when I made special boring bars. The fact that it says Kennametal means little, as far as I can tell, they are all the same, even the Chinese ones. If you like the Kennametal boring bar it's possibly cheaper to buy a Chinese copy and just keep the clamp.
[/QUOTE
Couldn’t find a Chinese copy. I like the shape of the A08-NER1 cause it can get into some tight places

Thanks L98fiero but the pdf image is cropped and I can only see part of it.
Does anyone else have the same problem or is it just my setup
Hi Bob, yes I get the same cropped image from both & the zip is corrupt. Do you have anything to make this with, if not I can mail you a small piece of Bohler M238. It is prehardened, I make tool hoders out of it & use them no problems. It would have to be fairly small for the post probably 25mm x 20mm x10mm taped into a cut out of some corrugated cardboard & put in a normal envelope. Cheers Peter

Last edited:
Hi Bob, yes I get the same cropped image from both & the zip is corrupt. Do you have anything to make this with, if not I can mail you a small piece of Bohler M238. It is prehardened, I make tool hoders out of it & use them no problems. It would have to be fairly small for the post probably 25mm x 20mm x10mm taped into a cut out of some corrugated cardboard & put in a normal envelope. Cheers Peter
Hi Peter hope you and your family are all safe from the virus.
A solid lockdown NZ style was hard for some people. Personally it was not that much of a problem as I had plenty to keep me occupied in the workshop until I ran out of raw materials.
I doubt I have the skill or tools to make the part. My preferred option is to purchase the ready made part. Hopefully I will get a reply from Kennametal in Melbourne tomorrow and see how that turns out.
Cheers
Bob

Ok, I checked this pdf and it's good, don't know what the issue is with the zip
Hi L98fiero, yes that's a good pdf. I will keep it on file. Bob doesn't think he could make this. I am extending my shop at the moment & not really able to do anything, place is a bit of a shambles otherwise I would knock one up & send it to him. I am taking this Covid-19 lockdown as an opportunity to do the shop extension & some car maintenance as I can't go more than 5K(3Miles) from home without copping a fine.

Latest posts

Back