• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted for Calorific No 1 Stirling engine loco

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcheslop

Reaction score
Im looking to beg borrow or in the worst case buy two copies of The Model Engineer to Build Calorific Number ! designed by Roy Key
July to August 1992
Volume 169
Issue 3924 and 3926
It a just for the fun of it build as she seems to be a little cracker
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1MZ42FcP_k[/ame]
Many thanks
frazer

Well that's a little different, goes like the clappers too 😀

Hope you have fun building it, if you get the plans, is it a 45mm gauge loco?? I've some wagon bodies that you could regauge from 32 to 45 if you like?

Hi Jon. I was thinking of making her to 16mm dont know why I want to build her as Iv no track
Iv looked on fleabay but no luck and its not available as a back issue so its a sit and wait job but at least Iv got the Ryder to do and the Peter pans.
Just thought someone may have an uwanted copy
cheers

Frazer, for all the help with the lathe, and because i like 16mm scale trains. I've tracked you down the two magazines. Like I said I also have some Peco SM32 track that you could have to run it on. Give me a bell later and next time I'm at yours or visa versa, you can have 'em
Just need to know how much track yould need, it comes in 1yrd lengths. But would need some planks or a board to lay it on.

Hi Jon, many thanks Im chuffed to bits and it looks like Calorific is on the build list but simply delayed until The Ridder Erricson is finished and few boat builds to also finish
I know im a complete scatter brain and one build at a time would be just to simple read boring
thanks again
kind regards
frazer

Back