Wanta say hi

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two dogs

Reaction score
Hello,
Ran across this site a couple of days ago. Joined yesterday. I like what I see here.
I'm also a member of CNC-Zone and Mach 3 (as Mark C) as well as Elmers Engines amd E-MasterCam.
I'm a CNC programmer by day and play in my garage when I get home. I have a small cnc benchtop mill (highly modified) a benchtop cnc lathe and a manual mill at home.
I currently have 4 engine projects going; a LTD Stirling, flame licker, Elmers' "Tiny" and a polycarbonate steam engine. I tend to start too much; I'm sure you can all understand.
Look forward to contribute and learn

Welcome to the forum Mark. CNC has fascinated me for a long time, but the budget always seemed a wee bit on the high side, so I've enjoyed learning the manual end of the hobby instead.

Last week a friend acquired a couple of working but surplus "desktop" CNC mills, complete with controllers, servo motors and PC's with what sounds like G code software. He's checking them out now and has offered me one at what he says will be a very doable price. I'm a babe in the woods on this subject, but maybe you can give me a hint on the desirablility of a used but working Dyna-Myte 2400C.

Milling_Mach_Vert_CNC_Dyna_Myte-2400_1.jpg

No tooling with them but what the heck...

Steve

Steve,
While I don't have any personal experience with the Dyna-Myte, I've heard good things about them. I believe they use conversational programming and conventional G code.
Haven't seen one on e-bay for a while, but they seem to be prized and sell well.
If you can get one at a decent price, I say go for it! You'll have fun.
I can give you a hand with any questions you might have that aren't specific to the machine itself

Mark

Welcome two dogs
I have built several of Elmers eng also.

Mineeng8-10-7.jpg

Paddleboat-1.jpg

These are my last two

Two Dogs : Welcome .I have been talking about converting my Seig 2 to CNC for a while pretty much have a plan need to push forward on it.
Tin

Latest posts

Back