Wallaby

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have copped numerous boots from ignition through the years and it will happen again. Motor sounds really good so far. Need to bolt/ clamp it down I reckon to stop it moving. Only takes one boot the wrong way to clamp some muscles on your hand and you throw it accross the room trying to get your hand off, ask me how I know. :)

Brock

Hi Pete

In the frenzy of the moment we all do silly things. Luckily we are here to recount them. As Brock suggested I would clamp it down to make adjustments easier.

Vince

tel said:
Oddly enough, a boot from an ignition lead is said to be remarkably effective for snake bite.

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/jeanbui/snake.html

That is some interesting reading. Put pictures in me head of driving from out the bush with a sparkplug wire hanging through the window. Not a nice treatment but better than nothing. Now I have got to put a magneto in my first aid kit when I go collecting firewood. :big: :big: :big:
Brock

not a war whoop mate
that was when I picked up the HT lead :big:
I found another interesting thing this Arvo after that video, The RC carby runs much better with its aircleaner on and seems nice and responsive to the throttle.
I did a couple of nice runs after that but now need some fittings for my water tank before I start her again.
Once I fitted the aircleaner it was nice to bring her down to idle and will finish tuning when running with coolent.
Pete

Sounds great Pete! Congrats man!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Dave

Thanks Dave
I don't really want to waste any of my brass on a couple of water tank fittings so I think ill go to the markets tomorrow and see if I can pick up some brass fittings and small plug Caps.
I'm looking forward to running with coolent now as the aircleaner made a big difference.
Pete

Great going Pete Thm: - it looks and sounds like a champ :bow:

I couldn't help myself - Had to watch your video a couple of times Rof} - I know the feeling; as a young 'un I had to mow the lawn with a petrol powered lawnmower with a Briggs & Straton engine on it; the kill switch was just a metal plate one had to flip over to kill the spark; got me many a time :big:.

Kind regards, Arnold

Hi Arnold
I found an old fish tank pump and hooked up my cooling system and was gratified to find, after some nice long runs there was no sign of water contanimation on the dip stick.
I don't think Ill bother tuning this carby as now the engine is running well, I'm pulling it off, but I'm pleased at how easy it starts and how well it runs and have no doubt it would run the fuel tank dry.
The block is only warm to the touch after a 5 min run but the water pump can be turned down so I'm sure that would allow the engine to achieve a higher operating temp.
I guess she is a goer ;D
Pete

Brilliant :bow: :bow: :bow: So rewarding after all that work.

Jan

Thanks Jan
I have no doubt I could get better performance with lower idle and a crisper note with only a little tuning but it seems a waste of time since ill change carbys (maybe even this afternoon if I get around to it)
I am pleased with the throttle response though th_wav
Pete

It does throttle nicely don't it. Another great runner Pete.

Brock

Hi Brock
Thanks Mate
I guess its almost time to find something else to build :big:
Pete

pete/Peters????
Been into the Rum today me old Mate? ;D

U Gotta love technology ::)

Sounds Great Pete :bow: :bow: :bow:
th_wav

Bez

Very nice Pete. :bow: :bow: :bow:

I understand you are going back to the original carb. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Vince

Hi Vince
I put my Carby back on and she started right up with no problems and good throttle response.

Pete

Latest posts

Back