Wall 4 cylinder 50cc distributor question

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matterest

Reaction score
I recently purchased a wall inline 4 cylinder it was mostly built but the water pump was missing and 1 valve was leaking.
My question is how is the distributor mounted so it doesn't spin and how do I wire it?
Thanks,
Matt

there should be a bracket bolted to the head and the timing lever has a bolt thru it that pinches it to the bracket. I cant find my construction note but im pretty sure the fireing order was 1342. Hope this helps....

I have a Wall 50cc engine. I use Klotz 200 oil in the crankcase. My thinking it has good body and if any by-passes the rings it will not form carbon. That is my findings ob e Model engines I own. I will post a photo of my engine.

Thanks Capt,n

IMG_0179.jpg

This is a wire diagram for the ignition. The resistor is a 100 ohm from Radio shack, Transistor from same place.000_1493.jpg

I just went out in the garage & took a photo of the engine. You can see how everything hooks up. I use a 3 cell Nicad battery pac I made and just the condensor/points....no resistor or transistor. A Model electric coil. It works great. Coleman camp fuel seems to be the best fuel or Ozark camp fuel

000_1507.jpg

The Wall 50cc 4 cylinder engine has a lot more power than you may think. There is a video showing how fast it will make a RC boat go. I was quite surprised how fast the boat went!!!!:)

I plan to make a video of my Elmer Wall engine running. I will post a link too YouTube for viewing. Best Regards Capt,n

IMG_0595.jpg Here is a cross section of how a Wall 4 cylinder engine looks like inside. It seems to have a different crank shaft & distributor than I engine I have.

The cross section does not show a full circle throw on the crankshaft like my engine has? Anyone have any data/answers on that? Thanks. IMG_0307.jpg

The cross section does not show a full circle throw on the crankshaft like my engine has? Anyone have any data/answers on that? Thanks.

What is the purpose of those two holes? Are the required for it to run?

Back