vista cnc

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombstone

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience of a vista cnc pendant please. i am thinking of getting one to run mach3 windows xp on Seig KX3 Ray

I purchased one of the imach pendants last year to use on my mill; if nothing more that to get me by until I get a decent control panel built. I had always viewed a pendant on a Bridgeport sized machine as over kill because the control panel is within easy reach.

I have really grown to like the pendant; it is truly plug and play, just load up the plug-in and you are ready to go. It has lots of nice features that make set ups and manual machining a breeze. It took me a little bit to get used to the button clicks; some of the buttons do multiple tasks depending on weather you single click or double click.

I also like the fact that it requires no wiring; simple USB interface. I haven't used the spindle or coolant controls at this time but plan to as time allows.

One thing I have noticed it that it doesn't play well with MACH's backlash comp. So if you are using that you may need to turn it off; at least while using the pendant.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Thanks for that Dave I have already decided to get one the main reason being it should be easier to use than holding pc’s keyboard in front of machine for set up specially being able to use a mpg wheel
Ray

Latest posts

Back