Videos

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has something changed on this forum as far as videos are concerned? For me at least videos are just showing up as a black box. Even videos which have shown previously.

I found the problem. None of the youtube videos would play. Some genius in far off computer program land decided to update one of my programs or extensions while I was sleeping and did not bother to inform me.

Gordon
I do not believe that is what it is. Mark my word an see youtube is going pay to play. It's the greed going on the internet these days.
Nelson

Gordon
I do not believe that is what it is. Mark my word an see youtube is going pay to play. It's the greed going on the internet these days.
Nelson

An interesting viewpoint.

I see it the other way round - it's the greed of Internet USERS

People expect to be able to take what they want from anyone they want for free:
Want a book? - Don't buy it, down load a pirate PDF
Want a particular piece of music? - Don't buy a CD or record (whoops! showing my age), just stream it or down load the file from a pirate site.

If you want stuff - physical or a service - expect to pay for it!

Ian

Gordon
Nelson
The problem was with an extension on my Chrome browser. I disabled it and it solved the problem. I assume that something had changed in the extension because it had not caused a problem prior to that. I have not gotten back into it to see if there is a setting on the extension which is causing the problem.

An interesting viewpoint.

I see it the other way round - it's the greed of Internet USERS

People expect to be able to take what they want from anyone they want for free:
Want a book? - Don't buy it, down load a pirate PDF
Want a particular piece of music? - Don't buy a CD or record (whoops! showing my age), just stream it or down load the file from a pirate site.

If you want stuff - physical or a service - expect to pay for it!

Ian
I agree but I do not know what the solution may be. We are all on this forum for free and if there was even a small charge the membership would drop because there are many other free forums available for this subject. Actually I am more concerned about news sources. We can get news in whatever flavor we like and not pay a dime. My local newspaper keeps trying but their paid membership keeps dropping and the staff is down to a small fraction of what it was 20 years ago.

Sorry. Too much off subject for this forum.

Latest posts

Back