video of wobbler running

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a nice engine Tom.

Ian (seagar)

That's a nice runner. ;D But please, scatter some stuff on that bench. It's way to clean. ;)

Nice job Tom. Obviously well built to run that slow and with so little pressure!!

Regards,
Bill

Hello to all

Thanks for kind comments from all, Rich I had to respond concerning the flywheel. This should of made front page on bloopers and blunders. For different reasons,Wrong color,runs, wasn't all covered when dry I could go on. I painted the @#%!* thing 6 times in all. the last time I was holding it over the trash barrel spraying it when it slipped out of my hand and fell in to fresh wood shavings from the wood shop and trimmings from my wife's sewing corner(I share my shop with her). well needless to say it looked like something you may find under the bed upon spring cleaning. I just sat down and had a good laugh, what else could I do!

Tom

Tom,

Great looking Engine

Dave

Tom, Dave said it all, great looking engine. larry

Diy89

Did you notice that nice burn mark on back of bench??? Had a Dumb A## attack, knocked torch over had hands full oh well battle scars I guess.

Nice going Tom! Your engine is 'go-jus' ;D I could listen to its exhaust all day long, so smooth and relaxing. And you are so right, painting can be a true PIA sometimes. I don't particularly mind the stuff ups but the stripping and re-cleaning after one has been made is the worst part about that for me. I have seen similar designs before but tell me please, what set of drawings or castings did you use for this model? (home poured castings perhaps?)

BC1
Jim

Nice engine Tom!

Very smooth. Is that clear coat on the casting? What did you use?

One burn mark is nothing.... :)
Great motor, runs smooth.

To your question on the finish on the engine it is Rustolum's hammer tone gray. Thought I would try it, and it turned to be OK. Thanks for the intrest.

Tom

Latest posts

Back