video compression software ??

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck foster

Reaction score
ok guys i need help :-\ i am trying to post a video of my little shop and a short 4 to 6 minute video is huge............ about 130 megs.
well to me thats huge. what i would like to know is there software to compress or shrink the file size so it is more user friendly??

thanks a bunch for any help in this matter.

chuck the non computer geek guy

Your best option (if you're OK with YouTube) is to just upload the largest version you have to YouTube, and let them deal with compressing it to various different sizes. It might take an hour or two to upload.

Simon

You might give Handbrake a try. It's open source, so its easy on the wallet. There are both Windows and Linux versions.

I use youtube to upload any videos to.
Depending on your connection type to the internet that will determine the length of time to upload.
A 4 minute video uploaded usually takes about 30 minutes for me.

As Simon says, leave all the compression and other hocus pocus to youtube to sort out!

Andrew

thank you very much guys for the quick reply's , have just posted a video of my workshop and i used youtube.
i hope it works ok.

thanks again :bow:

chuck

Russel said:
You might give Handbrake a try. It's open source, so its easy on the wallet. There are both Windows and Linux versions.

Handbrake is great! Mac version too. It come with a number of really good presets for optimizing video - pretty much a "point and click and done" app. I use it all the time.

Back