Vertical Steam Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdju

Saun
Reaction score
Hi guys, would like to share my vertical steam engine. I wanted an engine like this in my collection because of looks, sound when running and the Stephenson valve motion which also enables reverse gear. I machined everything that would be a casting from solid aluminium. A cast iron cylinder was shrunk in. Piston has one cast iron ring. Flywheel is cast iron as well. Cylinder bore is 26mm and stroke is 32mm
IMG_0003_zpsepgxglmp.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Last edited:
Wow , fantastic work!!! How long did it take you to build? And I would like to kindly request a video of it running ?:thumbup:

Great job. Congratulations. I am currently building a two cylinder version of a very similar looking engine from bar stock.--Brian

Thanks a lot. Built this engine over a period of 7 weeks and I have to say that I had quite a bit of free time to do my work. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8tN3MrSgy8[/ame]

Thanks Brian, I have seen picture of a twin cylinder and it looked stunning. Just double the amount of work but I'm so sure it would be a stunning machine.

That's very nice and such a smooth runner.

I especially like your control and valve arrangement. There are a lot a things to watch when it is running which makes it more apealing to the eye in my opinion. The colors you have chosen are nice in that they make the engine look finished, but do not take away from the mechanical things we all like to see.

Thank you for posting,

--ShopShoe

Latest posts

Back