Vertical I.C. Rupnow Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David--seems like you are going to be the first person with a runner. Really looking forward to it. If you get a video up, please mail me the link to it so I can see it run. Videos no longer work for me on this forum and I can't figure out how to fix it.---Brian

Brian,
I have a runner. and will get a video up tomorrow,
DavidLloyd,

Hi Dave

You need to set the video to be public for us to view it. On the Youtube page for your video there should be a pencil icon just below the Play arrow.

In there is a drop down field to the right of the title. It probably says "Private" at the moment. Change this to public.

Cheers

Bruce

Congratulations David. It looks and sounds great.

AND---DAVID LLOYD2 has the second operating Rupnow Vertical engine!! Hurray for David Lloyd!!!---Great stuff, congratulations.---Brian

Thanks Herbie,
I got there in the end,

I still have to tidy it up a bit and will post a better video,

Did you get the O-Rings yet?,

DavidLloyd,

Thanks Brian,
That video of the engine was running on fuel from my chain saw two-stroke fuel possibly to much oil,

Thanks again,
DavidLloyd,

David--that type of engine, where the crankshaft and camshaft bearings are not dependant on oil from the fuel, is very tolerant of oil mix ratio. The engine never really gets hot enough to burn the oil, so it just spits it out the exhaust pipe in droplets and makes a big mess. As long as there is some oil to lubricate the inside of the cylinder so the ring doesn't wear, the engine will be happy. I find that a 40:1 or even 50:1 ratio seems to supply enough oil, and mostly eliminates the mess coming out of the exhaust pipe.

David--that type of engine, where the crankshaft and camshaft bearings are not dependant on oil from the fuel, is very tolerant of oil mix ratio. The engine never really gets hot enough to burn the oil, so it just spits it out the exhaust pipe in droplets and makes a big mess. As long as there is some oil to lubricate the inside of the cylinder so the ring doesn't wear, the engine will be happy. I find that a 40:1 or even 50:1 ratio seems to supply enough oil, and mostly eliminates the mess coming out of the exhaust pipe.

Thanks Brian,

DavidLloyd,

Congrats, runs great. I'm counting the days til I can back to working on mine. For your video link, you need to use the one where youtube is not split (not youtu.be) and that has the word 'watch' in it. Then just post it in your thread and it will display properly.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6JN7mud3AU&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Nice one Dave. I must come round for a cuppa some time soon

Now you just need to finish that Lynx...

.... and the Hoglet (or did I miss that?)

Pete

Latest posts

Back