v8 shillings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbdtasos

Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello to all Home model engine community
My name is TASOS and i am from Greece
i have 2-3 years that i am trying to built a shillings v8 engine i think that now is a good time to load photo from the project because i am redy to finish it..

20100803_224001.jpg

20100803_234333.jpg

20100804_221427.jpg

20100804_221457.jpg

HPIM0978.jpg

Hi Tasos and welcome to the club.

That is a lovely engine you have there! :eek: How long have you been building it?

Can't wait to hear it run,
John.

Nice! I'm excited to see your engine. It will be the first Schillings I've seen other than the ones in the German magazines!

Hi Tasos and welcome to the club.

That is a lovely engine you have there! :eek: How long have you been building it?

I start to built this engine from 2010..
That engine have change from the first plans..
The plans shows the engine with gears timing but I put belt
The intake manifold is different and I put a flywheel like a race car:)
You will see foto..
The bore of the engine is 24 mm and tha stroke is 20 mm with 4 camshafts in the heads..the valves is 11mm diameter with 2,5 mm lift

Very cool!

Where I find this plans?

Cheers,

Alexandre

Hi Tasos
Love your work Buddy, very very nice :cool:
Pete

Why did you make a large hole in the most important bearing surface of the 4-stroke pistonskirt?! You need every mm² here!

Regarding plans: Please do not infringe copyright. By supporting piracy you will not encourage publishing companies or private party to produce detailed plans or to share knowledge. All this bears a great economic risks and costs lots money, so by simply mailing copyrighted material you'll do further damage to the community, too.

Till, the Schillings plans are very widely in the public domain in the European modeling community. Given sbdtasos' location, I'm sure it's not a big deal.

A quick Google of the right key words will find several links: "Schillings modellmotoren bauplan"

Why did you make a large hole in the most important bearing surface of the 4-stroke pistonskirt?! You need every mm² here!

Regarding plans: Please do not infringe copyright. By supporting piracy you will not encourage publishing companies or private party to produce detailed plans or to share knowledge. All this bears a great economic risks and costs lots money, so by simply mailing copyrighted material you'll do further damage to the community, too.

i cant unterstand why you have problem to share the plans? i did not say to sell them.. if you make a small search on google you can find everything you want..
now on the piston skirt.i dont think that is so big deal the hole there .you can see many pistons with asymmetrical skirts. the skirt in the piston is only as a guide and nothing else . in asymmetrical pistons the skirts have diferent size fron the intake side to exhaust side this is because the piston need only the one skirt when you have the explosion at the 3 cycle.. the other one is only for guide. and not have any problems with that..
in my pistons the skirts is same both size . the hole is for 2 reasons..i dont want to put oil in the motor it will work with dry samp pump and i want to be sure that in this point have good lubrication.
and the other one is that i want lighter pistons and it was possible only with this way
:)

i cant unterstand why you have problem to share the plans? i did not say to sell them.. if you make a small search on google you can find everything you want..

I'm sorry to say you are right, you can find just about anything you want for free on the internet but it doesn't mean it's legal. I know your not selling the plans but you cannot distribute them for free or pay. Unless it's public domain then you can distribute them for free.

They are not expensive and if you are going to seriously consider building this engine it's a drop in the bucket.

All the best,
John.

Thanks for showing how you bent the fan blades. Which direction is the rotation of this engine(just reference for Luc's question)?

That was my thoughts too MCRIPPer. That, or waterjet.

I'd also like to know more about how you made the veins in the radiator.

Latest posts

Back