V8 Demon from Downunder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graemep

Reaction score
Hi
I have just finished my version of stevehuck Demon V8 and I would like to thank steve for excellent drawings.
I started the build about 5 year ago and it sat in a box in the corner 95% finished (Life and other projects got in the way)
so about two months ago I decided it was time to finish it .

20200726_114907_HDR.jpg

20200726_114603_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments.
Steve thanks for invite to the family .
Did not realise how long it had been since I first
Started ,Time just fly's when having fun in the shed but I made it in the end .

Congrats on finishing it - from the photos it looks like real good work

Hi
I have just finished my version of stevehuck Demon V8 and I would like to thank steve for excellent drawings.
I started the build about 5 year ago and it sat in a box in the corner 95% finished (Life and other projects got in the way)
so about two months ago I decided it was time to finish it .

View attachment 118170

View attachment 118171

Hi Graeme,
Can you upload some images of your workshop where the Demon was built.
How these engines are built are of great interest to many craftsmen.
Regards Dale

Nice build and great workmanship!
I've noticed that your engine is running in the ccw direction. With the little research and my interpretation of the drawings for this engine, the cam is setup to run cw? Did you have issues with this or am I missing something?
Cheers
Dion

Excellent work. My eyes, though (from looking at the fan belt), tell me that it's running clockwise.

Who's right?

Thanks everybody for the commentes .
Dion it runs in the clockwise direction when you look at the front of the engine
so olympic is right

Thanks everybody for the commentes .
Dion it runs in the clockwise direction when you look at the front of the engine
so olympic is right
Thanks for settling my confusion!
I watched the video of your awsome engine a few times and I was convinced it was running ccw, hence my post asking about it. I'll blame my work pc and slow internet connection there 😂

Nice Sounds great and looks awesome. Thats about how long I took 5yrs but I was still wrking a job and only touched it on weekends and when the snow was flying. You did a great job. The valve covers look like you did a lot of polishing lol. Doesn't it feel good now when you fire her up. I had to put mine on a high shelve or I continued to start them up every time I walked by them lol As Steve says welcome to the family!

Back