V12

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbdtasos

Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello
after a long time trying to decide which will be my next project, at least i decide to make a v12 engine
i was thinking very much to start a radial engine but i was little confused because it was something new for me and i can tell that maybe and little afraid so i decide to start something familiar a v12 :)
i am in love with the engine that built from a friend ( terry) radial 18 and i hope in the future build something like that :)
in the photos you will see the kit of my v12

IMG_3312.jpg

V12-2.jpg

V12.jpg

V12 head.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

Sbdtasos,
Those are some really nice looking parts. What will the length of the engine be, and do you have a URL for their source? - Thanks, Terry

here is a photo of my complete kit
i will upload more but to have and little progress in our engine :)
terry
those parts are just amazing exelent work and finish
here is the link for this masterpiece
http://v12-factory.com/
only 1 small problem .. engine with no plans..:) good luck :)
i have bought the plans with the engine kit and send me plans from other v12 engine and when i told him that make a mistake with the plans he told me that not have plans for this engine and the plans that selling is for commercial v12 engine....
engine
bore : 24mm
stroke : 30mm
height : 161.26mm
length : 237,75mm
wide : 181,13mm
weight : 5,8 kg (complete engine)
this is glow plug engine and i will modify to spark plug

CIMG2661.jpg

Last edited:
I bought some drawings from V12-Factory and after I modeled the drawings in 3D to study them. I will try build the parts soon. You can see below...

Cheers,

Alexandre

Hello Alexandre
perfect skech .. :)
i hope to start your engine soon ,is a nice filling when finish it and hear the sound of what you have build..

so i have make a small progress with the cylinder heads ..
i decide to start from the heads and left the other for now
here you can see the valve guides finished and then fitted to the correct place:)

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

That is some wicked machining!
Are there going to be separate valve inserts pressed in on the combustion chamber side, or you will cut the valve face angle directly in the head?

Hello Alexandre!
Congratulations for your great 3D work.
Did you buy the machines you ere planning to?

Are you already producing some swarf?
Edi

Hi Edi !

Not yet :-(

I have only a Sherline Lathe, but soon I will buy... until end of this year.

Cheers,

Alexandre

Hello Alexandre
perfect skech .. :)
i hope to start your engine soon ,is a nice filling when finish it and hear the sound of what you have build..

so i have make a small progress with the cylinder heads ..
i decide to start from the heads and left the other for now
here you can see the valve guides finished and then fitted to the correct place:)

Very nice work !

Do you machined this cylinder head or bought the castings kit from V12-Factory ?

Cheers,

Alexandre

Are there going to be separate valve inserts pressed in on the combustion chamber side, or you will cut the valve face angle directly in the head?

In the original plans is directly in the head.

You can see...

Last edited:

i will cut the valve face angle directly in the head
is more easier and with no problems
my v8 is with this type on the cylinder heads and until now works perfect with no any issues:D

i will cut the valve face angle directly in the head is more easier and with no problems my v8 is with this type on the cylinder heads and until now works perfect with no any issues:D

Thanks. Yes, I remember your post. But now I see I misunderstood & did not read the subsequent posts - you thought you had valve seal problems but it was resolved & turned out to be a different issue. Is that correct?
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=21826&page=3

If I may ask"
- what was approximate chamfer distance of valve seat you cut?
- what alloy aluminum is the head?
-once the valve seats were cut, was there any method you used to verify that the valves were sealing to your satisfaction before running the engine (like a vacuum gage or holding pressure)?

Thanks. Yes, I remember your post. But now I see I misunderstood & did not read the subsequent posts - you thought you had valve seal problems but it was resolved & turned out to be a different issue. Is that correct?
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=21826&page=3

If I may ask"
- what was approximate chamfer distance of valve seat you cut?
- what alloy aluminum is the head?
-once the valve seats were cut, was there any method you used to verify that the valves were sealing to your satisfaction before running the engine (like a vacuum gage or holding pressure)?

yes i thought that was valve seals problem but after close look i found that the problem was in the lifters and the camshaft
my camshaft lobe is cut separate from the axis and some of them (i don t know the reason) was not in center.(look photo)
the hole in the center was not in the correct place and the problem was that in the right side of the lobe was in the air but in the other side was touching to the lifter..
aluminium of the head is 6061 for my v8 and 7075 for my v12
i have modify a old motor from a fridge and i use this as vacuum pump
when check them was ok but after a long run of the engine start to make me problems with sealing .
but all ok now this type of sealing is very very good no again problem..

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

Latest posts

Back