V12 Build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may already know this but the easiest way to blow up a hall sensor is to have a poor ground. I "upgrade" the ground wire on the ignitions coming off the coil to a #16 wire and attach it to the engine as close to the rear or the engine. After I started doing that they last for years.

Thanks for that information Steve. I'll give that a try. I have several new censers coming.

I installed a new hall effect censer and installed a better ground as Steve suggested. It took some tinkering but finally got it running. Still need to make a fuel tank and will probably change the intake manifold. The front two cylinders a flooding out. Think I will try two or maybe 3 carbs. But now I know that it will run. Its still pretty tight and will require a lot more running to loosen up.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQBTs0c1Gcc[/ame]

Last edited:
Congratulations!;)
It runs well already.
Ove

Excellent, Excellent!! Sounds wonderful and looks great too!!

Seems like there is little to no vibration as it didn't move around when you walked to the bench and back.

Very nice job. Thm:Thm:Thm:

Ron

That really runs nice, Dick. I've got to admit, I'm kind of surprised at how docile it is. I figured it would be monster to control. Really nice build.

Chuck

That really runs nice, Dick. I've got to admit, I'm kind of surprised at how docile it is. I figured it would be monster to control. Really nice build.

Chuck

We'll see how good it runs after it loosens up. Hope I can get a slooow idel.

Really great job it sure don't sound to bad

Sent from my iPhone using Model Engines

Excellent, Excellent!! Sounds wonderful and looks great too!!

Seems like there is little to no vibration as it didn't move around when you walked to the bench and back.

Very nice job. Thm:Thm:Thm:

Ron

Thanks Ron, I does run smooth. I think I got the crank counter weights about right. (Lucky Guess) ;)

Hi Dick,
Congrats on getting the engine finished and running. I suspect that feeding the log type manifold from one end is causing the problems with flooding on the near cylinders and running lean at the other end. I would think that dual carbs placed mid engine on 2 separate intake manifolds would help out greatly. Another thing to consider is the size of the intake manifold. If it's made too big it will be hard for the gas to be drawn to the far ends. A smaller diameter will keep the velocity in the runner up.
On automobile engines the intake was designed as a dual plane setup for that very reason. High performance manifolds were made as single plane type but the engines were made to run at higher rpm's.
gbritnell

Nice job Dick. I've been following all the way. Great to see another Vee engine firing up.
Keith.

Hi Dick,
Congrats on getting the engine finished and running. I suspect that feeding the log type manifold from one end is causing the problems with flooding on the near cylinders and running lean at the other end. I would think that dual carbs placed mid engine on 2 separate intake manifolds would help out greatly. Another thing to consider is the size of the intake manifold. If it's made too big it will be hard for the gas to be drawn to the far ends. A smaller diameter will keep the velocity in the runner up.
On automobile engines the intake was designed as a dual plane setup for that very reason. High performance manifolds were made as single plane type but the engines were made to run at higher rpm's.
gbritnell

Thanks for the information gbritnell. I agree with you 100%. I worked on just that very idea today. I made the long tube because I've seen it done before and just had to try it for myself. Now I know. :wall:

P1010011.jpg

Great engine, great build, great photos. I learned a lot. Thanks for the tutorial.

Got any tutorials for your "Miniature Six-Cylinder Boxer Engine"? Love to see photos of how you built that great engine, too. One of my favorite engines to watch on You-Tube.

Thanks for sharing.

Frank

Frank

Latest posts

Back