V-8 Engine & 5 Speed Gearbox in Kerbal Space Program

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vederstein

Must do dumb things....
Reaction score
I don't know how many here are aware of the computer game Kerbal Space Program. It's a rocketry and orbital simulation game. Some people have made some amazing non-rocket related items using the physics engine in this game.

I came across this one what really blew me away. He modeled a V-8 engine with a working 5 speed manual transmission in a game meant to simulate rockets. I thought it was so cool I had to post and share:

Ved.

I love that program. I have spent thousands of hours playing it over the years. I think its the best sim ever. Version 2 will be released some time this year.

Mark T

I have only just come across this and have started learning it. I'll admit that i'm having some trouble with the training missions - in the sense that items that I need are not available in the toolbox. But... I am on a mac and i think KSP was designed for windows. Still having a lot of fun in the general sandbox mode though...

Dot the tutorials on YouTube. They're much better than the tutorials in the game.

This game does have a steep learning curve

Latest posts

Back