• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Useful items from the supermarket!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pufango

Reaction score
Hello,just a couple of items available from asda.A bag of £1 plastic clothes pegs ! Not the pegs but the coil spring in them. 1/2” x 1/4” I use them for all sorts ,seem like good quality .Also £1 ,10 barbecue skewers 2mm rustless steel .Exelent all sorts of uses don’t know the grade but it’s nice to cut and file .It also silver solders no problem. More to come.
Best regards Tony Wright pufango!

Amazing what costs almost nothing but is so useful.
I use these waterproof felt makers to do re-sharpenning lathe tools and often for marking out.
Again, I buy cheap tooling from places like Aldi or Lidl but am prepared to accept the quality is NOT exactly to production standards but the quality is surprisingly good for the price- and three years guarantees are not to be ignored. Whilst I have a Mig welder, I also have an Aldi stick welder and a drilling machine.

One thing that I loved/love is an Aldi saw bench which came with a spare TCT saw blade. For a Ton/tonne is coins of thee realm-- not bad .

My take but others may differ

Norm

Parchment paper in the baking section. It's thicker than printer paper, tough, and oil-resistant. Great for clamping that finely finished piece in the mill vise.
Bob

Latest posts

Back