url/mal alarm

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcheslop

Reaction score
Hi please be gentel with me as I am a computer dunce.Of all things I was looking at some pics on the net of an oversized Mamod traction engine and now my Avast keeps giving an alarm message URL/Mal the network shield has an http//photoshop60./image message how do I reset or remove this virus? honestly I know nothing so any help and guidance greatly appreciated.The laptop is working ok and have done all the scans on the avast site just the alarm flags up every five minutes or so to say it has been blocked.
many thanks Frazer

If you are being told by avast that it has blocked something, then that something or a reference to it must be stored somewhere on you computer.

First up look in your boomarks/favourite folder of your browser and if the offending URL is present, delete it.

Also

Try doing a search for the reference, searching all your hard drives and under Search - advanced options make sure system and hidden files are ticked as well as sub folders. If it finds any files that avast has identified then delete them from the search results folder.

Finally avast should give you several options as to what to do with the problem i.e. quarantine, ignore, delete etc.

Hope this helps

Best Regards
Bob

OK, you got me ;)

What was it ???

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Bob.Sorry I don't know some bug or other as I said I am complete dunderhead when it comes to these computer thingy ma-bobs but I have had the lecture about better protection :big: at least it is sorted. The site was about building a 1/2 scale mamod and the virus was in one of the pics I must learn more about these contraptions but that will give me less build time :big: and I never get enough play time :big:
Many thanks for the replies
Frazer

Back