Upshur Vertical

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimsshop1

Steamman70
Reaction score
Hello all from Snowy Pa,

Does anyone have plans for the Upshure Vertical engine to share? I have built a couple horizontal IC's and would like to build a larger scale of the Upshure just for fun.

Thanks

Jim

Issue #3 'Model Engine Builder' has the drawings I used to build the Upshure T Head as seen on my avator.
I erroneously submitted this on another thread earlier.
Ray M

UPSHUR_M.JPG

UPSHUR10.jpg

TEMPORA3.JPG

Thanks for the link Cogsy. That's a beautiful engine you got there Ray. I want to build a larger scale engine with finned head, open push rods and rockers for both intake and exhaust. I want to accent it with a lot of brass. I have never done a 2 lobe cam but it can't be that difficult. Getting the timing right might be a little tricky though. I have 2 nice cast 6" flywheels and have most of it built in my head. I just wish I had a simple free cad program so I could at least start somewhere to draw it up as I'm not very good at free hand drawing. The last engine I built was the Kerzel and it really is a nice running engine thanks to all the help from Brian:thumbup:

Best to all from Jim in Pa

Sorry Jim, but that's the only source I know of. I do know the site is sometimes up, sometimes not. I just checked it and it's currently working for me, pictures and all. You could also try emailing them directly at [email protected] . Good luck!

Sorry Jim, but that's the only source I know of. I do know the site is sometimes up, sometimes not. I just checked it and it's currently working for me, pictures and all. You could also try emailing them directly at [email protected] . Good luck!

Cogsy,

Site was up and working:thumbup: Got 2 sets of plans ordered! Thank you, thank you! Have a great day!

Jim in Pa

elgringo,
Does the t-head run well? I have that one on my bucket list.
Mike

Latest posts

Back