Upshur "T" head marine engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can also buy 'machinable' ceramic in rounds...you can heat treat after machining if needed...the piece I played with was 1/2"x12". round.
Raym
Ø3/8 x 6" Macor good to 1000°F is about $40 at McMaster Carr, you can machine it with high speed steel though carbide obviously lasts longer. It also chips and breaks easier than Corian.

hello
engine finished
IMG_4957 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4958 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4959 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4961 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4962 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4963 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4964 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4965 [800x600].JPG

That’s a great running engine! Very nice, thanks for the video. I enjoyed the build, and seeing the results is the icing on the cake.

John W

It appears that the needle valve goes straight through the throttle “plate” (barrel) to the main jet aperture. Really unique idea for a small engine, and one I considered for my Webster before just tossing in the towel and buying an RC carb.

John W

It appears that the needle valve goes straight through the throttle “plate” (barrel) to the main jet aperture. Really unique idea for a small engine, and one I considered for my Webster before just tossing in the towel and buying an RC carb.

John W
Actually, I've seen a couple of designs on this forum that do this. I think one is originally by George Britnell, and at some point Brian Rupnow drew up a set of plans. I also recall Brian making a set of drawings for a "JAG" carburetor - not sure if that was his own design or not. So far I've only done the very simple but quite usable Chuck Fellows carburetor.

it is a rotary bushel
Is that a DIY design? I did a little searching but haven't found it (yet).

The Jag carburetor is a Malcolm Stride design. His original was in metric, I redrew it in inches. It does work very well.---Brian

Latest posts

Back