Quantcast

Upshur Engine Plans

Help Support HMEM:

Cogsy

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
As far as I know there's no other way to purchase Upshur plans. The website is down for me as well. The registration for the site is still current so I guess we can only hope it's a technical glitch that will soon be resolved.

Cogsy

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Whatever the issue was, it looks like it's been fixed as the site is now working fine for me.

Last edited:

Sleddog

Reaction score
Yes it has! Guess I should have had more patience.....Thanks for the response

Jack

Sleddog

Reaction score
I ordered & paid for the plans & received a PDF of the horizontal engine. I wanted the plans for the vertical version. I've tried for several days to make contact through the same site http//upshurengineworks.com I keep getting a 404 error, page no longer available. Any ideas?

Cogsy

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
They certainly seem to be having issues with the site. When I purchased from them they didn't supply PDF's, only hard copies, but the farm series plans were for both vertical and horizontal designs with air cooled or water cooled versions of each. From memory there was about 40 pages of plans (although I could be wrong). Did you get an email address from your transaction? I'm not sure of the username, but I believe the son, or nephew, of Mr Upshur is/was a member here and hopefully will respond to this thread.

Sleddog

Reaction score
They certainly seem to be having issues with the site. From memory there was about 40 pages of plans (although I could be wrong). Did you get an email address from your transaction? .
The email says not to reply to it. I received 6 pages of plans for building air or water cooled horizontal.
Looking at Strictly IC past issues they show an Upshur vertical but with enclosed crankcase & pushrods on intake & exhaust.

Cogsy

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I received 6 pages of plans for building air or water cooled horizontal.
That's weird - I don't see any plan sets with only 6 pages.a

Looking at Strictly IC past issues they show an Upshur vertical but with enclosed crankcase & pushrods on intake & exhaust.
That's the 'Vertical Single Cylinder' which is different from the plan set I ordered which was the 'Red Farm Engine' series.

Blogwitch

Ex Bogstandard
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Cogsy,

At least two of the Upshur engine plans were posted in the magazine Strictly i/c, maybe the others are there as well.

The farm engine build and plans were serialised in issues -

Years 80/81

Vol 13 #77
Vol 13 #78
Vol 14 #79
Vol 14 #80

You will have to root through each mag as there are plans posted throughout each one, and not always on following pages.

The Upshur vertical starts in issue June/July 1998. There is also a good article for making a basic camshaft grinder that starts in the same issue.

John

Last edited:

Sleddog

Reaction score
It’s a Upshur. Follow the link in the 1st post to purchase plans.

Latest posts