Unidentified IC engine castings.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD351

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I picked these castings up recently and thought i would show them here in case somebody recognises them .
The smaller of them is about 2-1/2 inch high (63mm) approx has 21 cast on one side and B on the other , seller states it is a DB 21 Diesel .

The bigger one has no markings , is about 3 inches high ( 75mm) and has a lower deck height in relation to the exhaust port so i would guess it is for a glow engine design .
If anyone recognises them let me know !
Thanks .
XD.
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG

Last edited:
I don't know what the first castings are but the smaller one is easy. It is a casting for a 0.21 ci engine by David Burke whose business is "Adelaide Aeromotive". Do a search on the internet and you will find loads of pictures. But in the meantime here are pictures I took of a similar engine yonks ago. This one is a 15 ci diesel. Hope this helps.
Burke1s.jpg

Burke2s.jpg

I don't know what the first castings are but the smaller one is easy. It is a casting for a 0.21 ci engine by David Burke whose business is "Adelaide Aeromotive". Do a search on the internet and you will find loads of pictures. But in the meantime here are pictures I took of a similar engine yonks ago. This one is a 15 ci diesel. Hope this helps.View attachment 113926
View attachment 113928

Thanks Ken !
The castings came from a seller in
South Australia and i will look up Adelaide Aeromotive .
Maybe that will also lead me to some info on the other castings as well .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back