twin cylinder flame swallower

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gg89220

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
hello
first pieces according plans jan Ridders
2-Cylinder Flame-Eater
Duo Flame Eater MK2.jpg
IMG_4402 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4404 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4405 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4407 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4408 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4409 [800x600].JPG

Looking good so far

I have the plans for this engine but never got to build it
so i will be watching this with interest
The plan i have is the MK1

Last edited:
wow you put this together quick
it looks great and runs a treat
congratulations I like it

A Splendid result! - All you need now is to fit a series on magnets into the flywheel rim and some coils to make a generator... then a lamp-post to show how it generates... (800rpm will slow with load, but the cylinders seem large enough to power a small generator?). People call these "flea-power" engines, but yours seems more capable than that?
The original "flame-eaters" were huge, and used waste furnace heat (flames) to drive blowers to force the fires in foundries! But wore quickly due to the abrasive smoke and ash they were consuming....
I have a single cylinder flame eater - but the timing slipped, and I don't know the most suitable timing to get it running again. Can you advise please? (Crank position at start of valve opening and end of closing?).
Thanks,
K2

I like that engine. With two cylinders, it looks like it could do some "work," as Steamchick says above.

I have enjoyed all the posts on this and seeing the video is the final reward.

Thank You for posting.

--ShopShoe

hello
Steamchick
according to the advice of jan Ridders
_
If anything is adjusted well the valves must start opening the cylinder hole about 20° before the pistons reach their position closed to the cylinder hole (TDP).
The valves must have closed the flame holes about 20° before the pistons reach their utmost right position (BDP).

Latest posts

Back