TurboCAD doors.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maryak

Reaction score
Calling any and all TurboCAD users I need some a lot of help.

I am drawing up some 3D house plans for a friend and whilst I have specified everything that I can find to make an interior door. There is no-where I can find how you change the way in which it opens, i.e. from left to right and from inwards to outwards. I do not have the Architectural add one pack just the pro edition.

Best Regards
Bob

Maryak said:
Calling any and all TurboCAD users I need some a lot of help.

I am drawing up some 3D house plans for a friend and whilst I have specified everything that I can find to make an interior door. There is no-where I can find how you change the way in which it opens, i.e. from left to right and from inwards to outwards. I do not have the Architectural add one pack just the pro edition.

Best Regards
Bob

Bob

I am not quite sure how TurboCAD works. With AutoCAD back when I used it I would use the Mirror command to change from LH to RH and the Rotate command to change from in to out.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Cheers :)

Don

dsquire said:
Bob

I am not quite sure how TurboCAD works. With AutoCAD back when I used it I would use the Mirror command to change from LH to RH and the Rotate command to change from in to out.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Don

Thanks Don :bow:

I'll try that and see if it works.

Best Regards
Bob

Well, waddya know folks............ it works......... but..................surprisingly only if the make copy option is selected. Without this it springs back to the original configuration :eek:

Thanks very much Don :bow: :bow:..........another string to my bow.

Best Regards
Bob

Bob

Glad that it worked for you. I was just taking a flyer when I suggested that to you but I know that it worked for me in AutoCad 12 and before. That tells you how long it has been since I used Cad. Lots of times there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Don

Have you tried 'Blocks'? Just save one of each type of door - Hinged L, Hinged R, Open In, Open Out, then drag into the drawing as required. Just keep your eyes on the layers though. Blocks come in on layer 0, so you may have to change the layer depending your method of working.

Pete

BAH101 said:
Select the door and hit the 'Explode' button once. See if that helps.

Thanks, tried that, no success and I lost all my material specs.

Spurry said:
Have you tried 'Blocks'? Just save one of each type of door - Hinged L, Hinged R, Open In, Open Out, then drag into the drawing as required. Just keep your eyes on the layers though. Blocks come in on layer 0, so you may have to change the layer depending your method of working.

Pete

Thanks, tried that too and same deal, lost all the material specs.

The mirror and rotate with copy works and keeps all the interior door style information intact.

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back