Trust, Respect and Friendship

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agmachado

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I am the buyer mentioned in this discussion "Selling a lathe and building trust?" at http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=12331.0

To give an idea, I already paid ... because I trusted in the information provided.

Another important reason is to know that he actively participates in this community and also I think it makes a difference.

I understand that in any negotiation, some question in this direction is needed. Is more safe for both!

Today, a some hours ago, Andrew showed more by webcam for me, same after I have paid.

Besides simply buy a lathe, I want to make new friends, in all five corners of the world and Andrew is the my new friend !

I do not understand some comments here... any way... not seem suitable to me.

Without polemic, only I would say that, but of the topic is blocked.

Is a privilege participate to this community!

Best Regards,

Alexandre

Sometimes building trust can take a while.
It is easily lost sometimes by a simple word or gesture.
Buyer beware and seller beware are common cries.
Sometimes we must take a leap of faith and believe that there are still some good guys out there!

Tonight myself and my wife have made a friend!
Alexandre is a great guy from Brazil.
Studied to be a machinist, but works with computers now.
Machining is his passion, hence the reason to purchase a lathe.
I hope that it serves him well, like it did for me.
Tomorrow we will chat again and talk about our countries and lives and hopefully it will continue into the future.

I still have faith in mankind, even though i have been burned a lot of times for a lot of money.
I for one cannot live my life not trusting anyone.

Andrew

I am very glad this has come full circle. I was hoping as I read along. Somehow I thought it would work it self out.

Welcome both of you. And happy machining!

Dave

Alexandre, it's good to know that it all ended well!
When I started buying things from e-bay, I also was very afraid of not receiving the item, but after some time, I learned how to identify good sellers from bad sellers. So i understand your concerns about buying from outside Brazil.

I also have to say that after months reading this forum and knowing the kind of people here, I feel totaly confident to buy anything from users of this board. The only downside is the shipping costs: As we are dealing with tools (metal tools), the items are usually heavy!

Tarik

Back