Trout's Beam Finished w/Video

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutsqueezer

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
It's not done until the video is made, right?

DSC05490.jpg

This is just too much fun.... ;D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFXmGa0UvqQ[/ame]

Great build Trout....and nice vid.

Well done!

Dave

An excellent build!
Looks and sounds perfect!

Video was cool and quirky!!!! :big:
What was that snow shoe robot thingy????

Andrew

Excellent engine and great video! I made the same engine a few years ago. I remember showing my wife the progress every so often, and the day I had it running she said "DID YOU MAKE THAT?" I guess it surprised her that i could make all those parts move in unision :big:

IronHorse

Nice one trout!
Worth the wait.
I'm going to go put my camera in storage. :)

Congratulations on your successful build and video! :bow:

Green light, green light, go...go...go on your Upshur build! woohoo1

Please...Make a part or a set up I can copy. :big:

I'm getting beat up on my own. :wall:

-MB

Thanks all!

Thanks Dave, appreciate it.

Andrew - the "snow shoe robot thingie" is a small penguin-shaped robot which utilizes a programmable Basic Stamp microprocessor made by Parallax.

IronHorse - My wife is always amazed by every little part I make. She's great. This one does have a lot of tiny parts. Now my vision is blurry.

Zee - thanks. I took all the shots with my new little Flip video camera. It's the size of an iPhone, takes HD (720p) video and only costs $169. If you put yours away, go buy that one.

Thanks Robert. As for the Happy Dance, do you have any idea how hard it is to find free Calliope music on the web?

MB - All four of my builds so far have been runners. My fear is after spending what I know will be a great deal of time and effort on the Upshur, there's a good chance it won't run, especially after what I've been reading here. But I will forge ahead as that one is now my primary target. Upshur sure did make it sound easy to build, didn't he?

That's just BRILLIANT Trout :bow: :bow: :bow:.........................MGM Eat Your Heart Out. ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Great Job Trout. Very artistic, both the build and the vid...

Ronald

Thanks Guys. I would have been very disappointed if this one didn't run because then I couldn't have made the video. :)

Troutsqueezer said:
Thanks all!

MB - All four of my builds so far have been runners. My fear is after spending what I know will be a great deal of time and effort on the Upshur, there's a good chance it won't run, especially after what I've been reading here. But I will forge ahead as that one is now my primary target. Upshur sure did make it sound easy to build, didn't he?

Trout, I didn't mean to put the pressure on. I was just kidding around. You do first class work, and I'm sure the Upshur build will be up to standard with the rest of your accomplishments. I think there's a very good chance that your engine 'will' run. But, Its up to you to 'make' it run. If it was easy it wouldn't be any fun!

" 99% of the things we worry about already happened, or never will" -MB, home shop philosopher.

Great version of Elmer's design Trout, but I knew that early on. The video sets a new standard in creativity though...I'm with Zee....video camera? what video camera? I don't have no video camera!! :big: Seriously a great job on both!!!

Bill

Excellent, in every way! Thm:

That sure means a lot coming from all you guys. Thanks mucho!

Nice build Trout and the video was enjoyable as well. :bow:

Cheers,
Phil

Great stuff Trout - engine and video very well done :bow:

Regards, Arnold

Back