Trojan warning: "United Parcel Service notification"

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solver

Reaction score
Tomorrow I got that 'notification' in my email.

It contains text:
------------------
Dear customer.

The parcel was sent your home address.
And it will arrive within 7 business day.

More information and the tracking number are attached in document below.

Thank you.
© 1994-2011 United Parcel Service of America, Inc.
---------------------------------------
Also it contains the file 'UPS notify.exe', that installs a trojan, if opened.

I've seen the same thing, except it purports to be from FedEx.

Never use Windows on the Internet or for e-mail. Ubuntu (Linux for humans) is free and takes up little space on your hard drive. Surf the Internet and open e-mail without fear or damage to your Windows OS. After the installation of Ubuntu you have the option to boot Ubuntu or Windows. Warning! After you use Ubuntu for a couple of weeks booting and operating Windows (when you must) will suck.

ubuntu.com

n4zou said:
Never use Windows on the Internet or for e-mail. Ubuntu (Linux for humans) is free and takes up little space on your hard drive. Surf the Internet and open e-mail without fear or damage to your Windows OS. After the installation of Ubuntu you have the option to boot Ubuntu or Windows. Warning! After you use Ubuntu for a couple of weeks booting and operating Windows (when you must) will suck.

Ill second that one for sure
ubuntu.com

Or, you could use your IPAD...

Chuck

once in a while I enjoy opening up one of them things with a linux editor. Oh by the way I have been microsoft free for almost 10 years. john

I just don't open 'em. Much easier ;D ;D

I think it's vaguely amusing that everybody says "get Linux" whenever this kind of thing is posted. The trouble is if everybody did... then the virus would attack Linux instead of Windows...

(I can say that since I have, within arms reach, a Linux server, windows server, windows desktop, windows laptop, Ubuntu netbook and two Android tablets. Yes, it's a mess in here)

Latest posts

Back