• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

trade pending---- Jacobs 100 Armature chuck

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldncrusty

Reaction score
I have this chuck that came with my SB 9, I dont see myself using it, ive been told its a rare find,
I dont know what its worth,
I do know I need funds for a 4-jaw chuck and back plate for my SB9
so give me a reasonable offer,
ive seen them go for 100.00 on flea bay, but i dont do fleas

j

IMG_1889 JACOBS.JPG

You'll improve your chances of selling if...

You indicate your location,
Whether you'll ship,
What the asking price is.

Im in Maine,
buyer pays shipping,
I dont know what its worth,
like i said give me a reasonable offer,

Not to hijack this thread but...

I bought an Atlas 6X18 lathe and the guy threw in the original Jacobs armature chucks.
The one with the steel jaws and the one with the brass jaws!
All still in their original metal case!
Plus he gave me the armature cutter motor and some of the cutters!

All very rare and almost impossible to find anymore!

Prices usually are in the $100 and up range for both chucks and the box.

Andrew

If they are rare it's news to me not saying they aren't but I do use one and have gotten jaws a couple tomes for mine. It is a twin to what you posted. What are you asking for it I could maybe use a backup.

What size is the taper on the shank?

What is your asking price?

Twmaster said:
What size is the taper on the shank?

What is your asking price?

#2 morse taper,

like i said, best reasonable offer,
I know its rare, and im not going to give it away
but im needing a 4-jaw chuck for my 9SB

I have a question oldncrusty....what kind of shape are the inner surfaces on those chuck jaws? They were intended for hardened and ground armature shafts but if someone abused them - then.....

I believe I have a Cushman four jaw made with a 1 1/2 - 8tpi - probably for the 9 or 10 SB......I need to look to be sure....But I'm interested in the chuck that you're offering for sale. I sold a Craftsman 12 a while back - I'm hoping that I didn't let the Cushman go with it.....

BillC

there not perfect, from the history of the lathe, the man was the local sheriff/car mechanic, and used it in his shop, way back when,they used them,
there was alot of valve stuff in the tool box also,
so maybe he used it to tweak valves? i dont know,

another picture,
the insides are not perfectly smooth, ive increased the contrast in the pic to show it

IMG_1894 JACOBS2.JPG

Looks like I screwed up.....I should not have mentioned the Cushman chuck until I was sure I still had it - I don't so I let the man have it that bought the Atlas 12" from me. Sorry John. I must remember that losing some memory of things that happened years ago is a normal thing with getting old.

I'm sorry.

BillC

Bill,,lol,,
all good, when i was 39, 11- years ago, I fell and drove a rock into my ear, not only did i loose my long term memory,
but short term too,,and im permanently dizzy,
and as i get older, i forget more, and spin more frequently,

But you know something,,
alot of things are best forgotten,,lol,,,,
Life, is short,
live it,
hold the ones dear to you close,

i dont know what to ask for it,
ill PM you later,
j

Back