traction engine plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam081

Reaction score
hi every one I have just been told by my better half I am aloud to build a 4" scale traction engine. I really like the case traction engine and would like to know if there is somewhere I can get a set of plans to build one. I have been looking at a few web sites but cant find anyone selling case plans. thanks cam

That's great news on planning your new engine, but watch out, there is going to be some payback. " your spending all that money on your engine, a few new dresses won't make any difference " :D

Paul.

Rudy's Model Steam Tractor

By Rudy Kouhoupt
Published by Live Steam (div. of Village Press Inc.).
Rudy's Case-style traction engine project that was originally published in Popular Mechanics magazine. The drawings in this book were hand drawn by Rudy himself, and have been only gently enhanced using a modern CAD program, allowing them to retain their original craftsman's touch. Build in 3/4 scale or use as a guide to scale up a drawing. Spiralbound. 80 pages with b&w and color photos.
$24

Should be available from village press on line or your favorite VP book dealer.
tin

Do you want to use castings or build from bar stock?

"Coles Power Models" offer 1" & 2" casing kits/plans. I agree with Tin, Rudy's engine is really nice & made entirely from bar stock. The book is great (As all of his are.) There is also a build log of that engine here on HMEM: http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=3838

It's a very well documented build log.

Good luck with your project & keep us posted.

John

hi everyone thanks for the replies. to be honest I think she just like to keep me in a box and know where I am. I think I am very lucky. I am in Australia. I have looked at a few other engine casting kits but I would really like to build a bar stock engine. thanks cam

Latest posts

Back