Track

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don-tucker

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi,i have been looking for some scale 3.5 inch track about 3.25 meters long without success,i have bought some from PNR,but it is no where to scale and looks awful,another company wanted £117 for 1.5 mtrs.
Wondered if anyone has any ideas please
Don

What kind of track?--Railroad track, army tank track,--we're not sure what you are talking about.---Brian

Well i would have thought that the 3.5 inch would be enough for the steam enthusiasts to know what i was talking about,it is railway track of course.i want to make a base with track for my 3.5 gauge maisie,track i have is ugly.
Sorry for the confusion

Don

Don--I wasn't being a smart-arse. I am not a railroad guy. Earlier this year I was designing a mobile rescue chair for quadrapalegics that has rubber tracks on it, about 2 1/2" wide.---Brian

It was me being *****y,because i cant find any decent railway track Brian,forgive me
Don

Thanks Kvom I will try that
Don

I have had a quote from them Charles,£117,i thought that was a bit high,they quoted for 1.5meters,i haven't ruled it out yet,the "home machinist " came up with a few ideas .
Don

Bought a 1mtr kit and made 2 4 inch pieces,turned out ok,a lot better.

Don

Back