Toyan engines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itbookham

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't have the skills or tooling to scratch build a model ic engine but I wonder what the consensus is on the range of assembled model Chinese Toyan single cylinder engines which can be found at this link:

https://www.enginediy.com/collections/toyan-engine
They can be bought air or water cooled and to run on nitro or gasoline fuel.

I would be interested if anyone has bought one of these engines. And, if so, specifically are they well machined and made, fit and finish to a good standard, and reliable?

Many thanks,
Mark

That might be a good question to ask on one of the RC forums. That would be the crowd who would buy one and abuse one to see how well it would hold up. If anybody would know it would be the RC gang.

Hi Steve,

Yes, you'll probably right.

I leave the thread (if that's ok), just to see if there is any other feedback.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark
This is Kalila from X Power technology co.,ltd which is specialized in Toyan engine with Precise Single/2/4 Cylinder Four-stroke model engine
1.with 4 stroke,it's much more powerful than OS 2 stroke
2.Displacement,3.5cc
3.High fuel efficiency Full
4.Rock or climbing can be used
5,Simulation model

Any questions,pls share with me
PS. If you can share email address,i will send you some viedo for reference
Kalila

Attachments

• Catalogue of Model Engine by X power.pdf
    339.3 KB · Views: 634
Youtube Warped Perception built one recently and videoed it in super slow motion. Looks like a pretty darn nice engine for the price.

i bought one when they first came out brilliant finish well worth the money i spent trying to ignore the twin cylinder on ebay at the moment

Hi! Newbie here.

I realize this is an old posting, but i wanted to share my experience with Toyan. My goal is to save anyone from the experience of dealing with this very poor vendor.

Long story short, i purchased the L400 (4 cyl) as a complete kit from an authorized dealer in the UK. Toyan put together the kit. Shipped (across the street) to my vendors warehouse then shipped to me.

Basically Toyan shorted me the fuel tank, changed several items without notification and shipped the wrong base (valued around $200).

I dropped the missing tank issue and pursued obtaining the correct base. After weeks of dealing with invisible people at toyan , with my vendors help, toyan refused to replace the base. One Chinese toyan person had the odasity to tell me i should have thought about the purchase more before buying!! How rude!

The engine and craftsmanship look quite nice, but there's the end of the good news. The instructions are poor and have some discrepancies, and there are several glaring design flaws. My water pump was jammed when assembled likely due to accumulated tolerances. I will never know because they wouldn't share design dimensions so i could id the culprit. A few screws were missing.

Sorry to ramble, but bottom line, their fix was to have me remove 2 of 3 teflon wear/seal washers from the assembly. "It shouldn't leak," they said! I asked if the warranty would still be honored, they wouldn't respond.

Screws bottom out in tapped holes. One screw interferes with the cog side of the timing belt! A destructive condition that is blatantly obvious! Their fix; leave out the screw! "It shouldn't leak".

I could go on but you have likely drifted off by now. Bottom line: save yourself a lot of headaches and purchase from a vendor that has proper design knowledge, respects their one-time customers and has pride in their product. Toyan is a POS vendor!

Thanks for letting me vent. Happy trails

Hi! Newbie here.

I realize this is an old posting, but i wanted to share my experience with Toyan. My goal is to save anyone from the experience of dealing with this very poor vendor.

Long story short, i purchased the L400 (4 cyl) as a complete kit from an authorized dealer in the UK. Toyan put together the kit. Shipped (across the street) to my vendors warehouse then shipped to me.

Basically Toyan shorted me the fuel tank, changed several items without notification and shipped the wrong base (valued around $200).

I dropped the missing tank issue and pursued obtaining the correct base. After weeks of dealing with invisible people at toyan , with my vendors help, toyan refused to replace the base. One Chinese toyan person had the odasity to tell me i should have thought about the purchase more before buying!! How rude!

The engine and craftsmanship look quite nice, but there's the end of the good news. The instructions are poor and have some discrepancies, and there are several glaring design flaws. My water pump was jammed when assembled likely due to accumulated tolerances. I will never know because they wouldn't share design dimensions so i could id the culprit. A few screws were missing.

Sorry to ramble, but bottom line, their fix was to have me remove 2 of 3 teflon wear/seal washers from the assembly. "It shouldn't leak," they said! I asked if the warranty would still be honored, they wouldn't respond.

Screws bottom out in tapped holes. One screw interferes with the cog side of the timing belt! A destructive condition that is blatantly obvious! Their fix; leave out the screw! "It shouldn't leak".

I could go on but you have likely drifted off by now. Bottom line: save yourself a lot of headaches and purchase from a vendor that has proper design knowledge, respects their one-time customers and has pride in their product. Toyan is a POS vendor!

View attachment 125974

Ah, another member of the Soviet of Washington. Where in the Soviet? I live in Moses Lake.

i recommend you choose this nr200 engine. it's much easier to cooperate.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
i recommend NR200. this one is better.

Hi! Newbie here.

View attachment 125974

Last edited by a moderator:
TOYAN引擎确实不错,可惜他们不关心用户的想法和建议。这真是太糟了。我还买了一个 NR200 发动机。它看起来非常好,我期待它在我的卡车上运行。
来自澳大利亚

来自澳大利亚
The TOYAN engine is really good, but unfortunately they don't care what users think and suggest. That's too bad. I also bought an NR200 engine. It looks very good and I expect it to run on my truck. ‎
‎ From Australia‎
Browser translation.
Mike1

1.with 4 stroke,it's much more powerful than OS 2 stroke

Absolute load of carp statement, small four strokes in series production always get left behind by 2 strokes.

OS make a range of 2 stroke 3.5cc engines, currently their 3.5cc engines have certain models that are over 2 hp.

A clue about power outputs of these Toyan style engines can be seen in the lack of cooling either air or liquid in some of the models, no power equals no requirement to get rid of wasted energy in the form of heat, it is pretty basic stuff really.

Last edited:
Does it have a rotary or poppet valve system in it head? Does any one know?

ps. My 170cc split single is running fine now and has been tested up to 4500 rpm. ok.

来自澳大利亚
The TOYAN engine is really good, but unfortunately they don't care what users think and suggest. That's too bad. I also bought an NR200 engine. It looks very good and I expect it to run on my truck. ‎
‎ From Australia‎

Latest posts

Back