tool makers vise

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dethrow55

Reaction score
1.jpg
2.jpg
hello all i recently picked up a used tool makers vise very dirty, but after cleaning some what found a name; ralmark sout plainfield nj. 042-a? has any one any information ? and also there are a few cuts in the top looks like from a grinder ? can this vise be re ground to a nice finish, i think its worth it. thanks see attached pics.

View attachment 104415 View attachment 104416 hello all i recently picked up a used tool makers vise very dirty, but after cleaning some what found a name; ralmark sout plainfield nj. 042-a? has any one any information ? and also there are a few cuts in the top looks like from a grinder ? can this vise be re ground to a nice finish, i think its worth it. thanks see attached pics.

I'm sure it could be reground but to what purpose? A show piece or to use? If a show piece, you might look for a higher quality name brand vice. If to use, as long as the jaw faces are not marred, the rest of the vice doesn't matter.

I looked at te pics closer and I must agree with RM-MN. If the vise is square on all sides and does all it is needed to do then it is just a matter of looks. If you are just wanting a shiny new looking one maybe yo should have bought a new on to put marks on yourself. Marks do not take away from the purpose.
Nelson

Latest posts

Back