Tool and Cutter Grinder Drawings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I PM'd you, let me know if you received it. Thanks
It would be interesting to read what your thoughts are now after seeing both the Bonelle and Mini-Bonelle11.
Both are long projects and perhaps as a step gap, there are quicker projects. which might suffice

Best Wishes

Norman

Hi Guys,

A few years ago I started collecting metal stock to make the fabricated version of the "Tinker" TCG, I never actually started any machining. I've still got the metal kicking about in a box somewhere.

I got distracted by other things :) I'm currently making a much modified "Brooks" TCG

View attachment 123694
BaronJ do you have any more pic's of this grinder project ? I would like to make a grinder setup like this . What does the small handwheel do thats between the 2 large spindle stands ? Belt tensioner ?
thanks animal12

Hi Animal12, Guys,

If I can find the pictures that I took whilst building this machine they will be below...

03-11-2020-003.JPG

This picture shows the method that I used to attach the threaded screw to the lift column. the idea is to allow the whole thing to swivel round, allowing the motor and head unit to be set at any rotational angle.

03-11-2020-008.JPG
09-11-2020-007.JPG
09-11-2020-008.JPG
09-11-2020-009.JPG
10-11-2020-001.JPG
10-11-2020-002.JPG

Apparently I can only attach ten pictures. So unless I can add them separately I'll put them in another post.

Attachments

• 12-11-2020-001.JPG
    12-11-2020-001.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 12-11-2020-005.JPG
    12-11-2020-005.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 12-11-2020-006.JPG
    12-11-2020-006.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hi Guys,

There should be ten of the fifteen pictures in the last post. A real pain to post and edit text. One reason why I don,t come here often !

I have not had any problems with posting photos or text here; I find it very easy.

Not sure if you are doing something wrong or what, but to be fair to this forum, I am not having any problems, and haver never had had any problems here.

This is one of the easiest forums I have ever used.
I find XenForo to be a very smooth forum software, with very few problems.

Hi GreenTwin,

I tried to post fifteen pictures, but the forum said that I could only post ten. I tried to add text between the pictures and three vanished ! After trying for half an hour to insert text between the pictures, I gave up. This forum is fine if you just want to post a single item or make a comment.

On other forums I can just click between pictures to add notes.

But thanks for your post.

The last five pictures.
12-11-2020-007.JPG
12-11-2020-008.JPG
14-11-2020-001.JPG
14-11-2020-005.JPG
14-11-2020-007.JPG

It is really easy to post test between photos.

Yes thre is a 10 photo limit per post, which is not really a bit deal, all things considered.

Here is an example:

Attached your photos, hit "Insert Multiple", picked a spot below the text with the cursor, picked "Full Image".

Hmmmmmm...................... I see what you mean.
I put the cursor between photos, pick the spot, hit return to create a space between the photos, and ........................nothing..............no space.

I am on other forums with XenForo, and this works as it should
Does not work here ????
Can someone look at why this is happenging ?

The alternative is to attach and insert one photo at a time, and instert text under each photo.
I will try that.

I have never had a problem with this before.
I will look into it with the powers that be.

Edit01:

I detached the photos, and reattached them, but instead of hitting the "Insert Multiple" button, which seems to insert all of the photos into one big combined blob, I selected the area on the screen with my cursor where I wanted the first picture, selected "Insert Full Image" from the upper left corner of the first picture, hit return a few times to move the cursor down below the photo, added text, selected the screen where I wanted the 2nd photo, picked the upper left corner of the 2nd picture, hit "Insert Full Image", clicked on the screen to the lower right of that photo, hit return to move down, added more text, etc.

I can come back an add or edit the text now between photos, add or delete spaces, or delete photos by picking the garbage can symbol on the upper right of any photo icon.

So I guess the answer is "Insert one photo at a time, and add the text under or over it, then insert the 2nd photo, 2nd text, etc.

We can set up a zoom call, and I can look at what you are doing, if you would like.

Edit 02:
I went to another site a minute ago that is also running XenForo, and inserted multiple photos.
Apparently it uses a slightly different version of XenForo, because after I inserted the photos, I could click on the screen beside any of the photos and hit the RETURN button to add spaced between photos, and then add text in the spaces.

For this version of XenForo, apparently the photos must be inserted one at a time, and the screen must be picked on the right side of the photo, the RETURN button hit several times to create space between the photos, and then text added in the spaces.

14-11-2020-007.JPG

Test text 1.

Edited added text.

14-11-2020-005.JPG

Test text 2.

Edited added text.

14-11-2020-001.JPG

Test text 3.

Edited added text.

12-11-2020-008.JPG

Test text 4.

Edited added text.

12-11-2020-007.JPG

Test text 5.

Edited added text.

Last edited:
Move the mouse in front or back of the photo and press "Enter" and you can insert text
CHECK

A.jpg

AAAAAAA

B.jpg

BBBBBB
C.jpg

CCCC

2.jpg

TEST

Untitled.jpg

There are some other issues right about now as well - - - I can no longer download any files attached.

Also noticing that the list of connected domains has increased - - - - hugely - - - - is that the issue?
(Am I expected to announce to the whole world that I am here before I am allowed to download anything?)

Administrator - - - please advise?

There are some other issues right about now as well - - - I can no longer download any files attached.

Also noticing that the list of connected domains has increased - - - - hugely - - - - is that the issue?
(Am I expected to announce to the whole world that I am here before I am allowed to download anything?)

Yes, that is problem
I have reported the post to the Admin

Yes, I tried with other posts and had the same problem

Did anyone have experience with the Bonelle? I wonder if the big parts could also be made from steel, if cast iron is not available. But probably I should not think of making a machine like this.

Did anyone have experience with the Bonelle? I wonder if the big parts could also be made from steel, if cast iron is not available. But probably I should not think of making a machine like this.
I was able to find some drawings for both the Bonelle and the mini-Bonelle.

Would be happy to share them if we can get back to being able to download stuff - - - I haven't - - - at least earlier this morning!

The issue has been fixed, so downloading works now.

I've seen several machines like the Bonnelle and Quorn made from steel ! It sometimes takes more work but its also very satisfying.

I got all the bar stock for the Tinker cut ready for machining but made the Brookes instead, or at lest my version of it.

BaronJ , thank you very much for posting all those pic's & sorry for your troubles while posting . I don't think I have ever tried to post pic's here . I know some forums I'm in I can post pic's with my eyes closed . Others I just ask for a email add & send the pic's that way . Theres nothing more frustrating to me then some of the difficulties that end up in software design .
thanks again to all
animal12

I've seen several machines like the Bonnelle and Quorn made from steel ! It sometimes takes more work but its also very satisfying.

I got all the bar stock for the Tinker cut ready for machining but made the Brookes instead, or at lest my version of it.
Maybe I give it a go at some point, but I have more things piling up in my mind than I can finish. Another note on the wishlist.

Latest posts

Back