Tiny Inline 4 by designed by Burleigh Machine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMG

Reaction score
Well, with winter just around the corner and things starting to slow down I thought it was time to start my next model engine project. After a long time of contemplating on what to build, I finally decided to go for my first internal combustion engine. I scoured the internet for plans and came across the Tiny Inline 4 from Burleigh Machine. The reason I chose these set of plans, was because of the simplistic approach along with the use of all bar stock.

After looking over the plans (which I must say are some of the best prints I've seen) I thought it was time to jump right in... First thing first, gather some material and start making blocks.

photo1.jpg

Last edited:
Turning cast iron cylinder sleeves. How well does this stuff ream? This my first time using cast iron.
photo4.jpg

Hey, I'll be following along on your build. This engine is on my short list (which is not so short anymore) Please keep the pictures coming, I may need the reference someday soon :)

Great start on the engine! I like the one piece oil pan, that should allow for more oil.

I can't wait to see more!

Kel

Haha, someone else with numbers written all over their vise!!!:D Nice start on the engine

Reactions: gus
After messing up the first oil pan, I decided to make another one with 3deg sides.

oilpan1.jpg

oilpan4.jpg

oilpan3.jpg

Hi SMG

Still following you with interest. Could you tell what tool you used (pictured in the photo) to make the second oil pan?

Vince

Hi SMG

Still following you with interest. Could you tell what tool you used (pictured in the photo) to make the second oil pan?

Vince

It's just a 3deg taper end mill

Thanks
SMG

Interesting. I will be following too. I may not say much but I will be here

Jim

Back