Tin's QCTP x 4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Well just to prove I do actually make chips once in a while here is a photo of a project I started a while ago.
The blocks started out as a piece of square stock 6 1/2 inches long . I cut the dovetails on the shaper. Last weekend I finally decided to push this forward and have make some progress . the blocks are mostly done just need a couple holes drilled in each. one of the locking cams is under way need handles for all and hold down sleeves for all. But doing four sets it takes time.
Orignial a2z set disassembled on the side.
DSCI0002-3.jpg

Tin

Looks nice! But why 4? :) Please tell me it is because you have 4 small lathes placed different places around the house! ;D That would be cool! ;D

Please tell me it is because you have 4 small lathes placed different places around the house!
Well that is kind of it. I do have a 7x mini a couple of Craftsman Dunlaps and an American Edestall Machinex 5.
so am planning on one for each little craftsman and maybe two for the machinex 1 front and one back. I have the commercial A2Z cnc one for the 7x . The craftman lathes are not great little lathes but not terrible either. Especially at the right price. But they are lacking greatly in tooling and I am tying to remedy that a bit at a time I have already mad a couple of 0 mt taper drill chuck arbors.
The other reason I made four was I have a 7" shaper so a 6 1/2" long piece of stock fit on it nicely and that was the perfect length to get four blocks out of. Thanks for the interest.
Tin

Nice! I like the idea of standardizing tooling, makes everything much easier.
So did you cut the dovetails on the shaper or? Pictures would be appreciated! :)

Tin,

What are the dimensions of the Tool posts, in relationship to the Dunlap AA Craftsmans???
I own a 109 at home and would be interested in seeing what you came up with for them!
I always tought a QCTP type holder would work, but would need to sized for a certain amount of
+/- since the AA's don't have a lot of height left, between the saddle and the centerline..

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

< yeah, it's me ;) up from the CNC section!!! >

Back