Time to say Hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisB

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick hello really, I have been a bit of a lurker on this site for a little time now and thought it was high time I made a proper introduction.

I'm Chris from Jersey in the Channel Islands, very new to machining personally, but it runs in the blood according to my father ??? I have just finished building a workshop into a spare bedroom in my house, nicely equipped with an SC2 lathe and an SX2 mill. I have spent a couple of months getting the SX2 into working order as it was not exactly in perfect order out of the box!

So now I have everything working and going as I think it should it's time to get my teeth into something more than scraps. The very interesting looking plans for the E-Z Engine have been downloaded and a shopping list has begun. Don't worry pics of the work will follow on in the build section, in the coming weeks (well OK it's going to be months and we know it).

I have a couple of other quick projects I want to cut my teeth on first to make sure I really know what I am doing to start then I'm in.

All kind words / advice / suggestions very happily accepted.

Chris

This is a great forum. These guys really know their stuff.

Chris

Welcome Chris,

Sounds like you are about ready to sink your teeth into a nice project. Whatever it is, just keep us posted on the progress. Most of all just enjoy the hobby as everyone here does.

Regards,
Bill

ChrisB said:
I have a couple of other quick projects I want to cut my teeth on first to make sure I really know what I am doing to start then I'm in.
Chris

I've been doing this for a year now with three completed engines and I still don't know what I'm doing. Don't let that stop you. ;D

Welcome.

Chris,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Chris. Giver er a go and do not be afraid to ask questions. lot of folk here to help.
Tin

Welcome Chris!

Jump in the water is fine. ....and by the way the fastest way to learn is to do....even if you end up with a few parts in the "lucky box", and you will as we all have, the experience can't be replicated.....just go slow, think about what your doing, and go for it!

Dave

Back