• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

This looked awfully cheap!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa Twinsquirrel hang on there.

Somewhere under all this crap and junk and machinery is a brand new one of those, never ever run yet.

In the next couple of months I'm having a big sort out. One toolroom lathe is going for scrap because at 2 tonnes it's worth more scrap than selling it on. Behind that I reckon lies the Taig but not seen it for a long while.

Whoa back at ya John, Do you reckon that was a fair price for the machine in the listing, as you probably realise I'm pretty clueless but I am in the market for a reasonable mill either CNC or manual with potential for a conversion at some point.

I'd definitely be up for a deal once you excavate it if you decide to sell.

David

oh and BTW I was chatting to my scrap man yesterday and he reckons scrap prices are set to drop back to 2001 levels by the end of next year!! Good for us in most circumstances but not if you have a 2 ton lump to shift...

Yes I thought the price looked fair given it had the rotary table, vise and some tooling.
At least ready to start work with so these are plus points.

Bad points:- 486 computer so an orphan, Supercam software which is a pain to use and most people have dropped it, 4th axis plugs into one of the 3 existing drivers, no dedicated 4th axis driver.
Dolphin probably won't run if a token hasn't been issued as they can't register old versions [ they have changed copy protection suppliers ]

I will be selling mine as I need the room and have no plans to use this as I have two of the new Sieg CNC mills.
It will have a 4th axis, dedicated driver plus a spare board, Mach3 installed on a reasonable computer.

Possibly some software.

I have heard about scrap going down but I'll bet that new steel prices don't return to old prices.

John Stevenson said:
I'll bet that new steel prices don't return to old prices.
More chance of seeing a flying pig ::) ....... If I'm not mistaken Corus is now owned by Tata, (India) ......... I doubt their priorities include reducing steel prices in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter.

CC

Back