• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Thinning out engine kit cathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

I have decided to thin out my engine kit cathe. I have more than I will ever be able to build. Here is a list of candidates. Please do not low ball me.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

I would like to thank everyone that sent me offers. At this time I have raised enough to cover my car repairs so I will be keeping the kits that I did not sell.

Cole's Models Holt "75"
Cole's Models Worthington Duplex Pump
Edgar T Westbury Double Tangye
Frank Wiggins Trade School S.T. Steam Plant wobbler
Lone Star Engine Works Monarch Corliss Cast Iron
M A Zimmerman Cirrus Mk1 1/4 scale
Morrison & Marvin Engine Works Mery Explosive Engine
Octura Models Beam Engine / Grass Hopper
P.M. Research #1 Steam Engine
Railroad Supply J. E. Brown Mill Engine
Red Wing Motor Co 1/4 Scale 5 HP Red Wing Engine
Stuart #1 Vertical with Reverse
Stuart #4 Vertical with Reverse
Stuart #7A Vertical with Reverse
Stuart #8 Horizontal
Stuart #9 Horizontal with Governor
Stuart Beam Engine
Stuart Compound with Reverse
Stuart Double #10 with Reverse
Stuart Feed Pump
Large 4”x4” copy of the Stuart #1
W J Hughes Allchin 1-1/2" Scale Traction Engine

Just sent you a personal message about one of your kits.

A price range might be nice. What are you looking to get? Full retail? 50%?

Hi

I am in Winter Haven, Florida.

I am taking offers. Some of the kits have been on my shelf for 10 plus years so I will be able to sell them cheaper than the kits I purchased in the past 2 years.

I am giving the group an opportunity to purchase them first. If I break even that is OK, but I will not take a loss.

Tim

As in an earlier post, a price listing might save everyone a great deal of trouble. You have your mind made up on what you'll take for these kits, and "we" are always looking for a good deal and this isn't fleabay. Oh, by the way, did I mention that I might be interested in the Red Wing kit????

I would like to thank every one that sent me offers. At this time I have raised enough to cover my car repairs so I will be keeping the kits that I did not sell.

Tim

This was weird...
I was interested in a kit but did not put in an offer because i am not knowledgeable enough
in this area.
And then again how do you not lowball when you have no info on the kit except for a scan of the plans?

Anyway i think starting prices would have been a good idea.

Just my worthless 2 cents....

Andrew

Latest posts

Back