Things one should never say

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JorgensenSteam

One of the comments on a post today got me going about things you should never say.

"Honest Ossifer, I haven't touched a drop all night".

It's close enough to work fine, but I'll just dust off that last 0.0002 and it will be perfect.
Gail in NM

I just made a half dozen of these things. I don't need to refer to the print again...

I just want to finish this part and shut down the shop. I'll be there in 5 minutes.

I'll just give it a quick buffing on the wheel and call it done.

Are you trying to piss me of? Or are you just plain stupid!

(great line to use in biker bars)

Something I taught my kids

if someone says: Hey, Watch this!

Take 3 steps back.

Dave

How are you this morning........Did you have a good night's sleep ???

Officer, the reason I was swerving back there was I couldn't decide which line to follow. I am drunk and seeing double.

Of course I know what I'm doing !

Ken

My personal masterpiece of hubris "You've got to be really unlucky to roll a car on a racetrack" -about 5 seconds before my son did just that WITH MY CAR !

I've heard it as, "Here -- hold my beer. Watch this!"

got a younger friend of mine asked me the other day about some advise about wife questions, he said wife asked him "Am I fat" he said she is and was not sure how to answer her, I said simple son, just say to her if you were seven feet tall you would not be fat well the next time I saw the young man, he said no more advise from me, he must not have said it in the right tone of voice, I was just trying to help, Lathe Nut

Back