The Work Bench

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a work table that looks like this?
WorkBench.jpg

I'd like to day that's an exceptionally bad day, but the truth is it always
looks like that. If I clean it up I can't find anything.

Yes. However, mine is not nearly as clean. :lol:

I built a table that is three and one half feet wide and seven feet long. The top is a surplus chemical resistant labratory table top (the reason for the odd size) that I came across a few years back. BTW, it is one heavy top! The frame is built out of two inch 14 guage square tubing, and the legs are made out of 2 1/2 inch schedule 80 pipe. It stands about forty four inches above the floor and is on casters. One end has a vice mounted on it, and there is electrical outlets that are mounted face down underneath the bench top. The outlets have a cord that can be plugged into a power outlet nearest to the bench (wherever it may be) to have conveinient power on the bench.

The only problem I have with it is that it tends to collect things rather well. I guess that is my fault :roll:. I don't have any pictures available right now, but will have to post some soon.

Same here. I usually clear a little space for the project du jour, but the rest seems to always be 3 deep in parts and such.

There is a very old saying that says "A clean bench is the sign of a sick mind". If that be the case, I guess we all have very healthy minds and preffer to stay that way.

Ed

I totally agree with that, my bench is spotless.

John the corkscrew

these are not mine we share them as a famly four of us theres dad 2 sons and one grandson (thats me)
0016.jpg

this is my desk made out of 80/20
0014.jpg

this is the bench that my grandfather made in the late 50's (i think) its the junk bench
0013.jpg

this is the newest additon to our benches 1/2 in plate top but its not finished yet. there are more but these are the main ones

Rake mine looks real close to that except I don't have those cool engines sitting amoungst the cluttler...and no ash tray. I had to quit smoking in July.

theplotz , what is that on the desk with the meters? A variable power supply built into a old speaker cabinet?

well sorta, its a variable supply with some other TV equipment into a wood box my grandfather made

I'm very happy to see that I'm not the only person so messy :big:

I think that sometimes the work bench can be well arranged, but it doesn't stay clean for a long time (if you are working around)

rake60 I like your set of micrometre, I have to buy one sooner or later... ::)
I have only a couple of digital vernier caliper (one of very good quality), but they aren't enough to get accurate measurements in all circumstances

Latest posts

Back