The Westbury Jensen C.I. Special - Any Construction Articles Out There?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrdo

Reaction score
Hello All,

I would like to ask if anyone, anywhere has ever produced detailed construction articles on this beautiful Westbury designed 10 cc 4 stroke IC engine?

Many decades ago I purchased a casting set and drawings including various sundries (don't remember from whom or where) for this engine but hesitate to tackle the construction without reading and studying what has been done already (if anything) to make all of the necessary fixtures, special tooling etc. There are no replacements now for any of this so I don't want to end up making mistakes and not be able to complete the engine build.

Attachments

• 326.jpeg
    326.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 319 Westbury Jensen C.I. Special with Minimag Magneto Ignition.jpg
    319 Westbury Jensen C.I. Special with Minimag Magneto Ignition.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Eric still has the dies but he has not done any casting for several years and I doubt he will do any more. Though he may have some castings knocking about.

Eric Offen, one of the "Motor Boys" and custodian of quite a lot of Westbury's own original engines.

Hello All,

I would like to ask if anyone, anywhere has ever produced detailed construction articles on this beautiful Westbury designed 10 cc 4 stroke IC engine?

Many decades ago I purchased a casting set and drawings including various sundries (don't remember from whom or where) for this engine but hesitate to tackle the construction without reading and studying what has been done already (if anything) to make all of the necessary fixtures, special tooling etc. There are no replacements now for any of this so I don't want to end up making mistakes and not be able to complete the engine build.
Have you had a look at Ron's Model Engineering and Model IC Engines Index

Attachments

• Channel Island Special.pdf
    121.2 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back